• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 Leaf spring plates

coolkidmc

NAXJA Forum User
I searched on here and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm swapping out my D35 for a C8.25 this weekend and need new leaf spring plates. I was just going to open the hole's from the D35 plate but there in bad shape. I can't justify paying $30 for a new set when I work in a machine shop with every machine available for metal fab. Does anybody have a Autocad or Soildworks drawing for the C8.25 plates? Even a sketch or dimension's would work. Thanks

The distance U-bolt to U-bolt along the axle will be the same, for the dimension across each U-bolt just measure center to center on the bolts and/or measure diameter of the axle tube, then add diameter of your U-bolt rod. Make em out of 3/16 or 1/4 plate if possible, and if you have a sheetmetal brake that will handle it, fold the ends up for added stiffness. The centering bolt hole will be in the center.

Well I don't have the u-blots or the plates on me right now and was hoping someone had the sizes available or a drawing as I was looking to laser cut them later. If not I can wait till tomorrow and get the dimensions. As for the brake I have a 90 ton and 150 ton in the shop so that's no problem at all haha.

The distance U-bolt to U-bolt along the axle will be the same, for the dimension across each U-bolt just measure center to center on the bolts and/or measure diameter of the axle tube, then add diameter of your U-bolt rod. Make em out of 3/16 or 1/4 plate if possible, and if you have a sheetmetal brake that will handle it, fold the ends up for added stiffness. The centering bolt hole will be in the center.

sheet metal brake for 1/4 or 3/8 plate steel???

metal break

The leaf springs are 2.5" wide, the axle tubes are 3" in diameter, ubolts can be either 1/2", 9/16" or even 5/8" depending on where you get them. Break the ends 45* so the leaf springs don't get gouged by the plate. That should be plenty to get you going, I could have whipped up a quick SW drawing but where is the fun in that for you? :)
good luck

True true I don't mind the drawing I'm a mechanical engineer and do it day in and day out. We design and build packaging line equipment so I have all type of machines here 8' and 10' Brakes, presses, 10' 100 ton shear, laser cutters you name it. It's a builder Paradise!!

I was just making sure the centers for the holes weren't going to interfere with the shock mount below. Let me draw something up and see how it comes out. Thanks guys

Wow, wish I worked in a place like that! One of the U-bolts on each side goes through the stock shock mount, you're right about that.

Yea it's really nice I'm always making something new!! What is the center bolt size after that I should be good and off to the cutter it goes!!

Back