• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bylaws

goodburbon said:
Our membership is, however growing rapidly and I think that once we reach around 60-80 members a rep gov't may work nicely.

I been workin on that hard as I can. Sent so many PMs to other site members just today that I have the PM memorized now. Mostly to LSJC but some to Texas Jeep Corps members too. Hope to see our member roles in that neighborhood by the weekend. Any idea how many (red) members we have yet?

Good job guys, I've done this before and it is a pain.

mikeforte said:
Photocopies will be fine, unless it is financed and someone else holds the title.
JUST KIDDING If you fooled NAXJA then thats good enough for me.

Why would you want to keep stickers from MWC anyway? We will get some made up to cover those ugly stickers. Or you could rattle can over them.

Roxy do you want to be an area rep? Is that why you are inquiring. I think it is going to be the choice of the BOD at this point.

i would be interested, but have only been a paying member for a few months. i have however been on here and active since 2003. once the discusion of forming a chapter began i joined and decided i would do what i could to help. i am in the woodlands, just north of houston, and would be happy to rep that area. im guessing it would be considered the south east?

mikeforte said:
Why would you want to keep stickers from MWC anyway? We will get some made up to cover those ugly stickers. Or you could rattle can over them.

Roxy do you want to be an area rep? Is that why you are inquiring. I think it is going to be the choice of the BOD at this point.

Well I had to work so hard to get them! It was like pulling teeth.
Speaking of a Chapter Logo we really need to start putting one of those together.

I'll talk to my Brother in Law, he's crazy good with a pencil.

If we are going to do that we need to do it right! Nothing less than triplicate certified, notorized copies will do! :jester:

mikeforte said:
Photocopies will be fine, unless it is financed and someone else holds the title.
JUST KIDDING If you fooled NAXJA then thats good enough for me.
Goodburbon,

Regarding your list:

goodburbon said:
Regions to be considered.

western Oklahoma
Eastern Oklahoma
South Louisiana
North Louisiana
SE Texas
NE Texas
Panhandle
Deep south Texas
Central Texas
West texas.
I think we should go with Houston (for west Texas or Houston/Beaumont), then Dallas-Ft.Worth (for North Texas), and San Antonio (for east or SE Texas) as areas based on the huge population in those cities alone, and possibly a deep south Texas. Might want to make the pan handle overlap with south Oklahoma or Dallas? Lots of ways we can slice it up, but I think we should start out with those three major cities as areas since they are in something like like the top five or at least top ten largest population cities in the entire nation. Greater Houston...(east Texas?)....area maybe?

Does anyone else like this idea?

Been tied up and off line last few days....catching up on the posts since sunday right now.

I also agree with Ecomike the list should be as he described. The large population areas are where we can find the most concentration of members/potential members. The areas outside those population centers should be a great deal larger so that spread out members are covered. Like 4x4life05 and Ralph and others, myself included will have larger geographical areas but smaller member numbers.
These things should be included within the scope of the bylaws and easily amended as the membership population shifts over the years. For instance I belong to the TJC but have yet to attend a get together because they are over 250 miles away (one way) which precludes me attending a Wednesday night meeting. Yet I am a dues paying member and would love to be more involved. With the areas being covered within this chapter we can have regional get togethers and still be doing chapter business because we are under the chapter umbrella, thus under the national umbrella as well.

That works for now, but El paso and New Orleans are pretty far from the nearest center. As we have no members there currently I don't see a problem with it.

goodburbon said:
That works for now, but El paso and New Orleans are pretty far from the nearest center. As we have no members there currently I don't see a problem with it.

When you live in a state the size of Texas then the trip from Baton Rouge to New Orleans seems a short distance. Hope that is not offensive to you cajuns but thats the way it looks. Were I to take a trip to DFW area it would be a 12 hour trip one way. How long from BR to NO? Straight shot on I10 right? From here to San Antonio (which is called South Texas) is a mere 5 hours one way and to Houston 7-8 hours depending which side of town. So we have a larger logistical problem here in Texas IMHO.
BTW We now have a member who checked in from El Paso yesterday or the day before. So we have a red member there now.

Baton Rouge to N.O. is a quick trip, thats not offensive to me. Just don't call those N.O. and Baton Rouge people cajuns, they don't really qualify.:D

Lets not get to off topic though, this is the Bylaws discussion.

goodburbon said:
Baton Rouge to N.O. is a quick trip, thats not offensive to me. Just don't call those N.O. and Baton Rouge people cajuns, they don't really qualify.:D

Lets not get to off topic though, this is the Bylaws discussion.

I'm sorry thought that being called a CAJUN was a badge of distinction. My bad. here I am still off the bylaws topic. BTW do you see my point about the distances and thus the need for the reps to be in the locations indicated? I think that should be part of the proposed bylaws.
BTW Ecomike how are the rough drafts of these proposed bylaws coming along? Spent part of the morning re-reading the ones that I have and the LSJC bylaws too. Kinda bylawed out right about now (may need an old man type of nap). Get back to me guys. And Cajuns. LMAO

I have posted my version of the proposed bylaws on a new thread at:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=243563060#post243563060

I can email a MS Word file version, in HTML format to anyone that wants a copy, or you can copy and paste it from the link above. If you want a nice easy to read, clean copy just PM me with your email address. My copy is much easier to read as it is formatted much better. The font sizes, and spacing I used did not copy over correctly to the post. Must be a web site posting issue.

It follows the UTAH chapter bylaws for the most part, 99%. I took the liberty of using TXXJA as a filler for the chapter name for now, until we have offically selected our chapter name.

The red text is proposed deletions or additions, the blue text is my comments, the rest is in black text.

mikeforte said:
I'm sorry thought that being called a CAJUN was a badge of distinction.

It is a badge of distinction, which is why we don't like you wasting it on folks from Baton Rouge and New Orleans. They're a whole different breed out there. :) (In case it's not clear, I'm originally from South LA...)

On-Topic. Everyone needs to take a look at the proposed by-laws thread that Ecomike posted. I think it looks pretty good, including the proposed edits that Eco has in there. Also, you candidates for BOD need to get off your asses and post in the candidates thread. Us peon's are starting to feel a bit ignored on the topic of who is going to be part of the BOD. Okay, this peon is, at least.

Another peon on the same bandwagon. BOD candidates post up!!! We know some who voiced a desire to be on the BOD but the newcomers that are eligible may not. So lets get a current BOD list started.

Kendrik said:
It is a badge of distinction, which is why we don't like you wasting it on folks from Baton Rouge and New Orleans. They're a whole different breed out there. :) (In case it's not clear, I'm originally from South LA...)

What does South Los Angeles (LA) have to do with Louisianna?:D

On-Topic. Everyone needs to take a look at the proposed by-laws thread that Ecomike posted. I think it looks pretty good, including the proposed edits that Eco has in there. Also, you candidates for BOD need to get off your asses and post in the candidates thread. Us peon's are starting to feel a bit ignored on the topic of who is going to be part of the BOD. Okay, this peon is, at least.

I suspect they want to stay on their ass*s and let us peons do all the work. Isn't that what peons are for? :D:rattle:

Back