• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUMPER FAB IDEAS

94XJFAB

NAXJA Forum User
attachment

I came up with this design to make for the front of my jeep. i was thinking about running tubes off the side to help protect the corner light and the corner of the fender. seems like no one makes a bumper that fits if your running 4 bolt steering conversion plates. any suggestions before i water jet this thing.

attachment

hopefully this pic is better. my surface mounting area is 1/2" wider then stock because of the 1/4" plates on each side from doing a yj steering box swap.

might change the way the tow hook tabs mount so they dont knife into the plate any more. the plate wont bend right if you have cut outs near a brake. but once i make one i can determine cost.

Looks like you're trying to link to images that are in your gmail account? We don't have access to your gmail account so they aren't showing up...

Try photobucket or a similar hosting site.

this one is through photobucket. this one work?

Yep came out fine :yelclap:

Similar style to what Action Fab makes and sells.

Looks like it's going to stick out a fair amount though and you're only picking up the three stock bumper bolts? Even with full frame/steering box reinforcement, it would probably be a good idea to tie into more than just those 3 stock bolts.

right now im going to unfold this part in solidworks and print it out full scale, make a paper bumper to double check everything before i water jet this. maybe i can get it tighter. so you would extend the tabs to get another bolting location?

thanks

Yep came out fine :yelclap:

Similar style to what Action Fab makes and sells.

Looks like it's going to stick out a fair amount though and you're only picking up the three stock bumper bolts? Even with full frame/steering box reinforcement, it would probably be a good idea to tie into more than just those 3 stock bolts.

What he said. I'd at least tie into a few of the PS box bolts and corresponding holes on the passenger side.

That picture is pretty similar to the center section of what I built a few months ago, but mine doesn't drop down as far
jugehu2e.jpg
ana8amu6.jpg

I definitely agree you should tie into all the bolt holes up there. I think it's 7 per side? That's what mine is.

looking at that design....

just save yourself some time and buy one from actionfab.

the price is pretty good, and unless you access to a plasma table, you won't get one that is as perfect as his.

Back