• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 2000 for $3,500

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
A guy I teach with named Tony is putting up his 2000 XJ for sale. It is SUPER clean. He built it to wheel but never actually took it out. I have been trying for years to get him to go with me but he didn't want to hurt his pretty Jeep. Here's the stats: 140,000 miles, auto, 231 t-case, 8.25 rear, LP30 front. Has the RE 3.5" superflex lift with full spring pack out back. Custom bumpers front and rear, gas tank skid, brand new 32" MTR's, with cut fenders (Done very clean, not a hack job). Open diff front and rear with factory gears. Pro Comp rock crawler wheels. Exterior is Silver. I will post up some pics as soon as he gets them to me. He is not a NAXJA guy which is why he didn't post this himself. I'm just doing him a favor. PM me with your email or phone number and I will send it over to Tony. He is wanting $3,500 for his rig. I think that it is a great deal for his XJ. The pics will support that once I get them posted.

Just finished talking with Tony and I was wrong about his wheels. They are made by American Racing and they have the charcoal gray teflon coating on them. I guess he changed his rims since the last time I saw it. He also recently upgraded to the JKS quick disconnects up front.

Just talked with Tony and we decided to have him come up to my place tomorrow morning so I can look it over in detail. I want to check out every exterior, interior, and mechanical part possible so I can be able to give current and accurate info on his rig. I also plan to take lots of my own pics. I know what stuff you guys want to see. I can then have a whole arsenal of pics when you guys request to see certain things.

I just finished looking over Tony's rig and taking pics. I found no leaks, no mechanical issues, and an overall excellent condition inside and out. The only exterior issue I found was some paint faiding at the top of his rear hatch. There was also a VERY small crack in the vinyl on the side of the driver seat. I was wrong about the tire size. I was certain they were 32's but they are 31's. I also said that he has a gas tank skid, which is correct but he hasn't installed it yet. Since I mangled mine on the Rubicon last week I just bought his. Sorry gusy, no more gas tank skid. The pics are downloading to photobucket as I right this and will be posted shortly.

Last edited:
Alright, here is the first wave of pics. I will post more once my son goes down for his nap.
DSC01920.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01919.jpg

Here some more pics:

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

That things beautiful! I forwarded the info to my friend.

PM's sent to everyone who responded with Tony's cell number attached. I really hope one of you NAXJA guys is able to buy this. It's a beautiful rig and a GREAT deal and it should stay in the NAXJA family. Good luck guys.

SOLD! I just brought it home. Thanks Brent and Tony.
I'm sure it will be a great rig for me. I am very excited.
~R

So no more cooling issues?

Nice looking rig BTW, You gotta deal for sure.

So no more cooling issues?

Nice looking rig BTW, You gotta deal for sure.

No cooling issues with this rig. The other one is another story. But the engine and the AC both stay cool, so that's a great thing. Can't wait to get it on the trail. My wife said something about trying to avoid scratching it up, and I'll try, but I won't be surprised when it gets some scratchs and/or dents.

~R

Back