• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build thread White '99

Artec's truss is actually really nice. It comes in pre-bent and cut pieces that slot together. Comes out looking pretty beefy. I like this truss because It supports both sides of the pumpkin.

C04B1B00-F879-46A8-9409-83BAD5FEFD8E_zpsc8mb0bdp.jpg
[/URL

track bar Is mounted on the inner C. I used a 3/4"x 7" bolt and some 1" tubing that I had. I had to move my TB bracket forward about 2" I welded it into place because I was too lazy to drill holes. :laugh:

I have to say, I'm freakin happy with the way this turned out. the ride is amazing, braking is greatly improved and steering is precise and solid. But the stock 15" wheels will defiantly not do, so I upgraded to some 17" JK rubies with the BFGs and 1.25" wheel adapters. Plenty of room.

Holy smokes, what happened, you wake up one day and say, "You know, I've been here, done that, I'm out... OUT!"

I suppose you could have moved farther away, but you'd have to really try!

I know, what can I say I'm crazy:confused1? haha

But I got a Job as an aircraft Mechanic with Delta, so Its worth the move for the pay raise. I got to put that 2 years of school to work. :D

I'll be back in the IC hopefully in about 2 years or so......

So, after driving across country to my new home in CT, i happy to report the Jeep is still running. haha My poor engine Earned her stripes pullin a loaded U haul 2300 miles.

I have a couple things that need my attention, but for the most part she's ridin' good. I need to regear the rear to 4:10 to match the front. I would go deeper, but I just can't afford both axles, and I figure 4:10s will be better than 3:55s.

Once I get that, Ill throw the front DL back in to see where I sit with DL vibes and Judge if I will need to rotate the Cs or If i can deal with it. The jeep is mostly parked now, so it wont be seeing too much road untill it snows.

Other than that, during the Drive out to CT, I noticed an oil leak some where in Ohio, which is troubling, since I just replaced all of the Oil gaskets. So I'll be lookin into that.

But Im happy for Now :D

Last edited:
Brandon, 4:10's are better than 3:55's........but 4:56's are what you need, right? If you don't really need a 4wd for several months, save up the $$.......you are good at finding deals, you'll be money/time ahead doing it once.

Thanks guys, I'll try to keep stuff updated, probably not going to have anything for a little while until I get settled.

Brandon, 4:10's are better than 3:55's........but 4:56's are what you need, right? If you don't really need a 4wd for several months, save up the $$.......you are good at finding deals, you'll be money/time ahead doing it once.

You're probably right. I think with the tire combo I have right now, 4:56s would be perfect. If I could find someone to install them for a good deal, then I would be up for it. Do you know if the carrier for the 8.25 is the same for 4:56s, or do I need to get a new one?

I absolutely love your D30 build. I am piecing the WJ parts together now. I have the knuckles, JKS hub spacers, and the JKS OTA track bar mount so far. I really like how you did your track bar setup though, and I really love that truss. I'm going to have to look into that truss. Loving your build and I'm bummed you moved so far away, but I look forward to your return.

Thanks dan, I have really liked the setup so far. I had a little bit of tweeking to do when I first got it in, But now it's solid.

The track bar is a little more work, since you have to move your coils back about 3-4 inches to clear the TB, but I would say its worth it because I have 0 bump steer now and even if I decide to go up in height I will still have the same geometry.

Hopefully I'll be back to wheel with you guys again. I'll have two years to build the jeep up and be ready for Moab in 2017!

I've had a couple people ask about the track bar mount and coil buckets, and I noticed I dont really have any pictures to show, so for those that are wondering...

The bolt for the T/B is a 3/4" grade 8, and its 7" long, I probably would have been OK with a 6" bolt, but after the safety washer and nylock bolt i have a little under a half inch stick out. It gets close to the Caliper at full right lock, but it clears. (I am aware that the caliper shown is on the wrong side, it was there for mock up :)) I welded as much as I could to ensure that this thing never moves.

The coil buckets are super simple. I made them out of 3/16 scrap steel that I cut with a grinder (the slow way) and welded together. then used a 3" OD steel pipe for the coil seat, which are centered over the axle.

My sway bar attach points are, to say the least, slapped together. I used the stock mounts and welded them to the upper inner C gusset. I dont have a pic at the moment.

The offset TREs on the tie rod and the 17" JK rubi wheels clear, at full lock the TRE comes within a hairs width of some of the tire weights, but if i had used 1.5" spacers instead of 1.25" that wouldn't be an issue, the other direction has loads of space.

I still have a bunch of pictures I didnt post up here, so If anyone needs more, let me know

Thanks for the pics Brandon, looks great. One recommendation: I found that my nylock nuts would loosen after some wheeling... I switched to all metal lock nuts and haven't had as much trouble with them. Also, they are skinnier, which is an added bonus.

Thanks for the pics Brandon, looks great. One recommendation: I found that my nylock nuts would loosen after some wheeling... I switched to all metal lock nuts and haven't had as much trouble with them. Also, they are skinnier, which is an added bonus.

That could be the reason that I had some play in the TB after a couple hundred miles. I thought for sure I tightened the hell out of it. That's what we use in aviation when possible, so I figured they would be a good choice for mine. Maybe I'll make the switch.

unfortunately, I haven't had the money or time to put any work into the jeep.....actually i haven't really got to drive it much.

This is her new parking spot, and she hasn't moved out of it lately.

The only thing that I was able to do was add just a little bit of swag...... thanks to Tony_SS

Back