• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog Offroad Super Engine Bracket & Mount Upgrade Kit Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so here is a question for you Brown Dog, If i purchase both the mounts and the brackets will i still be able to unbolt the crossmember and lower the transmission while it is still attached to the engine.. For instance, I needed to repair a vacuum hose and replace my CPS so I simply unbolted the crossmember and allowed the tranny to sag and I could reach the top of the bell housing.. Seems to me that the motor mounts are much more rigid than the factory mounts.

I have an aw4 and there is NO WAY i could have replaced my CPS without dropping the cross member to let it sag so I could reach. So I respectfully disagree

I have an aw4 and there is NO WAY i could have replaced my CPS without dropping the cross member to let it sag so I could reach. So I respectfully disagree

You can, I've done it plenty.

In my opinion the easiest way is a U-Joint adapter and about 32" of extension, get the bolts from the bottom.

In my opinion the easiest way is a U-Joint adapter and about 32" of extension, get the bolts from the bottom.

This is the key. I lowered the tranny the first time, bit since then I stack extensions and get out the wabble end.

I have replaced 2 of them, one on a 96 which there was a lot more clearance to get to it and one on my 86 wagoneer, which I swapped a 4.0L in for the 2.8L. I had to bash the hell out of the firewall just to get the engine to fit and mount up right so maybe thats why it was soooo tough in my 86. But I still dropped the crossmember in the 96 and it was WAY easier to get to the CPS, I dont think I would have been able to do it without dropping the crossmember just not enough room for me to work as I could barely get it with the crossmember dropped.

JeepReadyToRoll3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back