• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brewfest IV - You're Invited...

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
:cheers:

In the past this has been invite only, and I've felt bad about that, though we did have our reasons...

Saturday, September 15 starting at 2:00, dinner about 5-6, til ?
If you're interested in the art of brewing, I and possibly the former MWC brewmeister will be brewing some beer. I'll have 3 or 4 homebrews on tap (for those of legal age only, of course). We'll have burgers and brats, and the wife will make some of her excellent salsa.
If you can help out with snacks, a side dish, or dessert, it would be appreciated. Also please bring a chair or two, or you may have to sit on the ground :D

And here's the catch - although it's called brewfest, this is not an event at which to get drunk, loud, and obnoxious (unlike most other MWC events :D )
I have a nice house, in a nice quiet neighborhood, with nice neighbors, and I would like to keep them all that way. Oh, and I have a nice wife who does not appreciate obnoxious behavior and is the designated bouncer...

So, if you'd like to learn about brewing, sample some homebrews, and enjoy some good food and conversation with fellow jeepers, come on by.

Post up if you can make it, and PM me for directions.

:cheers:

I need to make a run back down to Chicago in September to deliver a couple of servers. This may have made my decision about what weekend to go.

Jeff

As usual we already have a run planned that weekend. Let me see about changing our plans to make it.

Kim

I'll be up that weekend. Looking forward to it.

Les

Hey, it's not just your average trailer!

arkansascamper.jpg

Back to page one for this...

Did I scare everyone off with my warning? To clarify a bit, I have so far only met one (former) MWC member who was unable to behave appropriately, and made the warning necessary...
Any and all Chicago, north/central IL, IN, etc. folks are welcome.

Those that have attended can attest that we have fun, just a little more quietly than a typical MWC campfire...

And speaking of campfires, I'll need someone who is also going to Carnagefest to be able to take some boxes of kindling wood for that campfire, as it looks doubtful that I'll be attending.

Captain Ron said:
Beer?

If Ginger goes, I will too.

:D

--ron

Ginger is welcome, I guess etc. would include Calitardians, too....

:D

Seriously, it would be great if you and Ardis could make it out here for another Brewfest. We have another spare bedroom, now...

Currently on tap - Dunkelweisse (having a hard time not drinking too much of this one), Fat Tire clone with some extra hops (it tastes better than Fat Tire...), and a much better IPA than the one I brought to Moab. Also have a Schwarzbier carbonating that was tasty even when flat, and a Porter that may be ready. I do have a growler of Moab Brewery's oatmeal stout, but I doubt that will around after this weekend...

I've actually been buying some bottled beers, to save the homebrews for brewfest.

Back