• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOTW not just fun, but educational...

GSequoia said:
So?

Spill it.

:D
Perhaps a melted tube of KY for those midnight 'tent trysts' inadvertently left in the hot sun on the dash? :dunno:

I think I recall this happening before at an earlier BOTW. Someone from AZ/CA? :gag:

TRNDRVR said:
I think I recall this happening before at an earlier BOTW. Someone from AZ/CA? :gag:

Were they at altitude?

FarmerMatt said:
Overfilled blinker fluid res. Happens every time.

It started during the test run up Scratch and Dent. Chris was driving. After his shoe was totally soaked with oil, he stopped and stuffed about 15 rags up inside the console. He still got soaked some more. I thought he was gonna come unhinged after that. :D

I drove back to the staging area with a plastic bag over my foot. :D

I caught him ripping the dash out first thing when we got back. Thank God I stopped him...

--ron

Oil or ATF?

My 89 242 transfer case was puking ATF past the speedometer quill shaft seal, up the speedo cable to the cruise-control box and onto my feetsies.

I 'fixed it' by swapping out the brake booster and master cyl. But that didn't fix it :mad: so I did a little more in-depth research (upside down with the seat removed) and determined it was NOT brake fluid and had a funny lookin red tint to it.

Bingo.

I'm running an Atlas, so it's more oil than ATF. We didn't pull the cap off the vent. The guys at Alpine laughed when I mentioned the leak and said they'd take care of it.

The combo of altitude and heat pushed the oil up the spedo cable.

It made Chris much happier to drive with after that. :D

--ron

It's always something I tell ya

I can also vouch for the fact that The Cordura, rubber and Gore-Tex used in Cabela's Trail Lite hikers is indeed DexIII approved

Notes from the North:

I'm learning how to straighten pasengers doors and/or hide the wrinkles.

Two MTR's blew out on the way home, but the plugged one is fine!

The dress in Montrose was purchased by Mary

Independence Pass was still closed

My rocker sliders need to be rebuilt as they mashed the body anyway

A new Calalytic converter is in the garage waiting to replace the flattened one

Mikes RV is not a powerhouse nor trouble free

He says his grass was 1.5' high when he got home.

Weather was great out there while it sucked here! Woo Hoo!

Jeff

Back