• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boring Renix TB

outlander said:
I was thinking more along the lines of taking my TB into napa's machine shop here in town and supplying them with the larger butterfly and having them bore it and install the larger butterfly. I don't have the proper tools to do this at home.

Usually its done in reverse. The valve is made AFTER the boring process to match. Its not like a one size fits all kinda thing from what i understand.

Also, what about making the throttle shaft wider to accommodate it?

OleSHot:
If your interested I'll machine yours for you
Yes, what is your charge, or lets take this offline, and let me know.
I am remembering my old V6 and my V8 Tahoe.
This jeep is weird, I see the fuel rail with the injectors, and ordered the LT1 24 lbs. tonight. But it has the buterfly TB in an S coonfig sitting over the Drivers side over the intake housing. It throws me off every time I look at it. Any who. Good looking out, I think we all learned something on this one.

Edit: Does any one know of a tb spacer to work with this as well?

Raceghost said:
OleSHot:

theres a tbs from Rusty's. not many make them for the renix Jeeps. You can also have one made out of inch thick aluminum using the tb gasket.

PS: thanks for hijacking my thread, lol. jk. :roll:

I think he will make you a spacer if you want one ... he did for me. BUT the problem is making them work. You need longer bolts that arent your average ones! You need button head cap screws that use an allen because you cant get a socket in the small holes if you use regular bolts. Then once you figure that out, you need to figure out how to make your throttle linkage longer...

http://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=62

Last edited:
I did make a 1" spacer Muad'Dib. I don't feel they are worth the price, performance wise. My opionion only, never actually put one on so I guess I'm talking out my A$$ again. Anyway if you want one, PM me, and I give you a price on just the spacer. You would be on your own as far as the bolts and linkage is concerned. I don't have pic. of the spacer, Maud'Dib do you have one of yours?

oletshot said:
I did make a 1" spacer Muad'Dib. I don't feel they are worth the price, performance wise. My opionion only, never actually put one on so I guess I'm talking out my A$$ again. Anyway if you want one, PM me, and I give you a price on just the spacer. You would be on your own as far as the bolts and linkage is concerned. I don't have pic. of the spacer, Maud'Dib do you have one of yours?

Yeah i linked to it in the post before yours.

Raceghost said:
OleSHot:

Yes, what is your charge, or lets take this offline, and let me know.
I am remembering my old V6 and my V8 Tahoe.
This jeep is weird, I see the fuel rail with the injectors, and ordered the LT1 24 lbs. tonight. But it has the buterfly TB in an S coonfig sitting over the Drivers side over the intake housing. It throws me off every time I look at it. Any who. Good looking out, I think we all learned something on this one.

IMHO, 24 lb injectors are way too big for a stock renix 4.0.

IMHO, 24 lb injectors are way too big for a stock renix 4.0.
yes stick with the 19lb pissers for a relatively stock motor.A bored out tb isn't enough to justify 24lb pissers.

What about with headers, cat back, rockers(not sure what to go with, 1.6's or 1.7's) and an bored tb?

Raceghost said:
What about with headers, cat back, rockers(not sure what to go with, 1.6's or 1.7's) and an bored tb?

nope, still way too big.

you would need to build a stroker and an adjustable map sensor for 24lbs injectors

bigger is not always better, its all about having matched components. thats like sticking an 850 carb on a 350 chevy with headers

Raceghost said:
lol...point taken.
Ok, so scratch the injectors...
DO the TB Bore...what size to go with on the rockers?
where are you going to find bigger rockers?

have you researched "stroker"?

Same reason as a bigger cam, more valve lift. Yella Terra sells 1.7 ratio roller rockers. More lift and cool roller rockers, if you got the $$$ it makes sense to me.

Back