• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown Stroker Finaly Done

any idea what kinda how much power this beautiful machine will put out?

Good frickin lord, that's crazy. Can't wait to see the power this makes.

I have a friend who's a KB dealer and he could not find me one of those blowers. Guess they just don't make em anymore.

forget the hood...show that thing off! you need to video it when you get it in there. ive got a stroked/blown z28, so im pretty excited to see how yours turns out for you!

is that an intercooler between the blower and the intake?

Yeah, that's an intercooler. Water is pumped via a electric pump through a cooling unit in front of the radiator and ciruclated through the intercooler body thus cooling the intake air.

FNF

how much cash do you have tied up in that? Will this be the most powerful 4.0 ever?

I probably have about $5000 in the motor, head & blower thanks to ebay and local used part sources as well as NAXJA for sale ads. As for power, It is somewhat detuned to make it streetable so I would think there are other pure race engines that would have bigger numbers. The cam is rather mild in order to lower the dynamic compression ratio. I will be happy if I can pull my my trailer up some of the steeper mountain passes around here and blow off some Subaru WRCs while I'm doing it.

FNF

that is wicked crazy. What made you decide to stroke and blow it (lol) vs installing an LS1 in regards to cost per hp?

that is wicked crazy. What made you decide to stroke and blow it (lol) vs installing an LS1 in regards to cost per hp?

I just wanted to do something different that had tons of low end torque. I never was much for broken trails or groomed slopes. I just picked up 4.0L performance parts as I found them for sale and this is where I ended up.

What kind of injection are you running?

I'm running Bosch 45lb injectors.

FNF

i believe that honor belongs to YJ_and_Corey over on pirate.

its more powerful than the "insane Inline" that JP mag did a while back? that thing made 700 horse at the crank last time they wrote about it, and they were talking about putting a bigger turbo on it.

no doubt this thing is sick though. pretty sexy with the yellow and clear. imo

have you thought about running mega squirt for your ecu? its a pretty popular system and inexpensive too. and you would be able to change it up whenever you need to, instead of sending your ecu off somewhere if you need it changed up. and where this is such a custom build I don't think that anyone would have a map for you on file, but this way you would be in complete control over your engine.

Back