• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blotted out license plates

I don't bother. Hint: it's my username.

Plus, if someone wants it, they're more than welcome. It'll get a block and leak all the oil out of it anyway.

MyJeepXJ said:
Because, the net if full of freaks and weirdos, and for $25 you can have a DMV lookup done, you dont even need a P.I. linceses. If someone wanted to hunt you down, it can easily be done, and you would never know its happening.

I call it security. If you want to post your tags in the open, thats for you to decide. If you cant see the risk involved, then thats on you.

I dont even trust everyone I meet in person, and I trust no one Ive never met in person at all. Thats just a "keep it safe" attitude.
So how do you keep it hidden from the hundreds of people who drive by your house every day?

You're not hiding from anyone... Your junkmail is proof of that.

If someone wants to find you bad enough, they will.....

kid4lyf said:
So how do you keep it hidden from the hundreds of people who drive by your house every day?

You know the one, isn't it in SW Virginia?

31390.jpg

come find me.....

:wave:

What's all the ruckus about? So some people blot their license plates out...oh well. I think a lot of the magazines require you to, so maybe they're just confused and think you have to for the net too

HPIM1300.jpg

For those of you who cant read, it says "8240 NB". And if you track me down on the 240SX forum, my sidebar has the exact latitude and longitude of my house.

But really, I never blot it out, everyone I drive by see's my plates. They see my "Hummers are for dicks" sticker and everything else that makes my Jeep a bit different from the other. Bloting plates=pointless

I saw on My350z.com some guy got pissed and posted all of this guys personal info .. DMV stuff, SSN, loan records, previous addresses .. etc

I think its a good idea to fuzz it

The people I know that do it wheel illegally so when they post wheeling pics they block 'em out.

LS1Jeep said:
I saw on My350z.com some guy got pissed and posted all of this guys personal info .. DMV stuff, SSN, loan records, previous addresses .. etc

he got that from a license plate number?

bullshit.

Dookie said:
he got that from a license plate number?

bullshit.

Im not looking thru 4,000 posts to find it but I saw it ..

Police and banks have all that info ... All you need is a buddy at the bank and a buddy police officer

LS1Jeep said:
Im not looking thru 4,000 posts to find it but I saw it ..

sure you did.

and i read a post that said that running your motor with no oil gives huge HP gains. so it must be true...

LS1Jeep said:
DMV stuff, SSN, loan records, previous addresses .. etc

You can pull all this from a plate.
The websites we used when I repossesed could give you all the above with only a plate #.
Granted, they were specialty sites which required expensive subscriptions but, it was still easily found.

natep1 said:
(DMV stuff, SSN, loan records, previous addresses .. etc)

You can pull all this from a plate.
The websites we used when I repossesed could give you all the above with only a plate #.
Granted, they were specialty sites which required expensive subscriptions but, it was still easily found.

Okay, taking your word for that (and I have no reason not to...)

Why would mister identity thief choose to dig up all the info on my plate (that he saw in a pic online) rather than the five thousand plate numbers he sees every day on the road? My point being, how is showing my plate here any more dangerous than driving around town with it on the back of my rig?

:dunno:

Robert

Last edited:
Back