• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 7100 custom valving - leaf springs

FWIW, dialing in the shock is pointless without first dialing in the spring rate. Also 5" of up travel may simply not be enough for the stuff your trying to do.

You may be right but there is no way I can get more without going higher or backhalfing it. The 35''s already barely touch the top of the fender at full compression.

Wow! I'm at 4600 with me in it, no tools. I did not expect that.

Thats light!

I just looked it up, we weighed in at 4882, full tank of gas, full race trim, tools and spares with no driver or codriver.

The corner weights is what really surprised me.

2013-02-04_12-28-31_625_zpsb284506c.jpg

Yeah, you can see the front diff and steering in there; then our race jack and tools bag go on the back right corner.

I should weigh the car empty next time..

I just realized I haven't weighed it since the tube going it. At the same time though I cut the whole front end off and lost a lot of interior. I'll grab the race car scales next time I'm at my buddies shop.

31"s sounds like the fix I needed!! :D

We're running Dana 44's with dana 30 outers, built around being light.

Most of ours is chassis/frame plating, I think.

We're running Dana 44's with dana 30 outers, built around being light.

Most of ours is chassis/frame plating, I think.

I'm interested to see what mine is now that there's 160' of tube in it but I also ditched the huge bumpers, coils, most of the front end, and most of the interior.

When you get them mounted up, post some some pics of your shackle angle and what length shackle you use, and then your feedback on performance.

It will be interesting to compare it to ours and our thoughts.. :)

When you get them mounted up, post some some pics of your shackle angle and what length shackle you use, and then your feedback on performance.

It will be interesting to compare it to ours and our thoughts.. :)

Will do. I'm going to trade my 1" shackle for an 1.5" shackle to get a little more droop. Also got my new valving yesterday for the 7100's.

i dunno. they were sitting under an old workbench in the corner of the shop?

we have since cut them up to make own own boomerang shackles from them.

i dunno. they were sitting under an old workbench in the corner of the shop?

we have since cut them up to make own own boomerang shackles from them.

Gotcha. I might just try to build a set. I have a feeling with the 6" shackle I still won't get the down travel I need.

Its as much shackle angle as shackle length. There's definitely some tuning involved in getting all you can get out of any leaf.

Its as much shackle angle as shackle length. There's definitely some tuning involved in getting all you can get out of any leaf.

I spoke with Bryson, he's going to cut me a custom length shackle that uses the rebuildable flex joints. Leafs should be here any day so I'll be able to get some measurements.

I forgot to order bushings for the deavers. Anyone have a part number that I can reference and source them locally?

Back