• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Fest 2012

thanks for the invite dicks.....

whatever, at least beamer didn't have his manche there... I demand to be there for the maiden voyage of that.

You guys went DOWN Dishpan Springs??? Pfffffftt, weak.

LOL. It adds more pucker factor that way.

Actually, our arranged campground was at the top of Dishpan so we were pretty much there anyhow.....maybe 400 yards from there so we headed in from there.

Last edited:
So, is this the "New" Elite SoCal Naxja Clique?" :shhh:

E

LOL. The original plan to get through all we wanted to get through meant we had to keep the group small and the campground Karstic arranged had an eight car maximum. Saturday was a long day as it was......

LOL. The original plan to get through all we wanted to get through meant we had to keep the group small and the campground Karstic arranged had an eight car maximum. Saturday was a long day as it was......

Yeah, we could have gotten further if Geoff was on time :p

But honestly, we started with 7 rigs, then 6 and then 4. Any more im sure and it would have delayed our trip with the all the potential for breakage. The only thing i broke was a tailight. It wasn't cause of the trail either. My bumpers swing out decided it wanted to meet my tail light. It use to have a stop but it's since fallen off. :firedevil

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

I've got a few photos but haven't processed them yet.

I'm not quite sure what happened to me but have three theories.\

1: The curse of John Bull. This run wasn't quite secret enough and the Bull found out about it and had time to plan.
2: My Jeep punished me for turning around and backing out on a trail. That has happened before.
3: Julio is bad luck. I don't think I've ever gotten through an entire trail when he's been around.

My break was just the yoke and U-Joint up front. I caught it before it had a chance to spit the camps and throw the driveshaft.

Critter ended up lucky, he got home and realized that a u-joint ate itself, it would not have held out the trip (would have probably blown up somewhere on 61Y).

And yes - This was a private run because of group size. It was also a proof of concept run that obviously didn't work out. I will need to do it again one day, it'll be private then too. After I get a good run at it I could see this being a max 10 *equipped* vehicles run if it's strung out over three days.

Oh, and for the record it was a dry rotted 32 BFG MT that died. Thinking about it later I think it was just because the sidewalls were so compromised; he wasn't on a sharp rock and wasn't even leaning into it that hard, he burped some air first then it suddenly let go.

Oh, and for the record it was a dry rotted 32 BFG MT that died. Thinking about it later I think it was just because the sidewalls were so compromised; he wasn't on a sharp rock and wasn't even leaning into it that hard, he burped some air first then it suddenly let go.

We should make it a BFG free run next time. :gee:

Back