• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG km's or Procomp Xterrain

BFG km's or Procomp Xterrain

• BFG km's

Votes: 71 78.0%
  • Procomp Xterrain

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
if i was to choose a rock only tire i would go with MT/Rs or Krawlers(gota give BFG props on that one). for some mud/rock i would go XTs or TSLs. for just straight mud and loose dirt i would go Boggers, TSLs, or XTs

Yea i Have to agree....I have 33-12.5 XT's and they are great. They handle pretty decent on the road, and I have had no complaints off-road either. Granted I am not as hardcore as some of yous :greensmok (not yet anyway!!) but I reaaly think they are a great tire. I can compare them to a set of 33-12.5 TSL's that I had for a while and on road...the XT's are FAAAAAR better...But offroad...I think the TSL's have more bite...But for an inbetween tire leaning more offroad than on...the XT's are pretty darn good. In terms of the goodyear MTR's....well I will probably get a set one day...if only I didn't get that fullsize XT spare....hmmmmmmm..... :patriot:

12monkeys said:
Yea i Have to agree....I have 33-12.5 XT's and they are great. They handle pretty decent on the road, and I have had no complaints off-road either. Granted I am not as hardcore as some of yous :greensmok (not yet anyway!!) but I reaaly think they are a great tire. I can compare them to a set of 33-12.5 TSL's that I had for a while and on road...the XT's are FAAAAAR better...But offroad...I think the TSL's have more bite...But for an inbetween tire leaning more offroad than on...the XT's are pretty darn good. In terms of the goodyear MTR's....well I will probably get a set one day...if only I didn't get that fullsize XT spare....hmmmmmmm..... :patriot:
You dont have to get a XT as a spare I have a spare that is a regular MT that way you dont have to worry about the direction plus you really dont need the spare that often

Go with bfg's. I had procomps on my wifes suburban and within two years I lost two treads. The last time we were towing a trailer and almost crashed. I will never buy another procomp tire.

I vote BFG because I have them and would not buy Pro-comp.

Pro-comps prices have been climbing since the introduction of the Buy 3 deal.

I got a good deal on wheels and tires, used I will be buying one more new BFG, before cycling them Truxus tires.

Considering BFG vs. Pro-Crap? I would go:

Hightechretreads.

I just wheeled with my buddy yesterday and he has a set of 33x12.50 Pro Comp Xterrains, they did pretty well. I have the BFG MT's on mine in 32x11.50 flavor, and i did pretty well too. We noticed that the MT's had a lot more lateral, or sideways traction than the Xterrains. He would tend to slide sideways on hillsides a lot more than i would. He climbed over a section of uphill muddy roots though that I had to fight quite a bit in order to get over them, granted, I showed him the right line to take... So overall, I would say they both have strengths and weaknesses.

I dunno if that helped, just thought i would add....

Back