• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Track Bar?

I'll put in at least a mention for the Kevin's Offroad track bar setup. I was a little skeptical based on his website, but it is a pretty inexpensive way to get a double shear setup. I'm only running ~3" and I don't beat the piss out of my Jeep, but it gets the job done for me.

Only problem I had was that I did end up getting different bolts than the ones supplied with the system because in all honesty the bolts were too short.

RE HD bar/bracket/and brace!

why the poo on tnt?

Bracket didn't fit. Trackbar didn't fit at either end.
After all the work, the trackbar bent-not a real problem, except tubing was not what they advertised, hence the bend on an easy portion of the Rubicon.

All of which I can deal with, but customer service was non existent. This was 2006. I've heard they have changed. I've had the same lift with two different JKS bars and one RE HD bar with no issues.

I'll throw in a vote for the Iron Rock double shear setup. I just installed it the other day and was very impressed for only $210 shipped. The bar and bracket are high quality.

I'll throw in a vote for the Iron Rock double shear setup. I just installed it the other day and was very impressed for only $210 shipped. The bar and bracket are high quality.

I just paid 210 shipped, for a rock krawler bomb proof trackbar and bracket. 1.25 inch solid steel, now thats beefy.

sorry for the thread revive:D

What is the deal with the Rusty's Track Bar? All I read about is negative. Is it the TRE style or the heim style, or both? It comes in the 6.5" lift kit but I'm scared to even install it. I believe the 6.5" kit comes with the HD Track Bar (heim). Should I stay away from that one? If that is bad, is the rest of the lift kit ok?

the RE HD trackbar is 1 3/8" x .188" wall chromoly. no one here is going to recommend that RE trackbar in the comparison. that being said, before i went OTA, i ran the RE HD bar, bracket, and brace. which i will recommend to anyone. now im running essentially the same thing but with a modified trackbar and a JKS axle bracket.

I have been running the IRO Double Shear track bar for about 6 months and I noticed a positive difference right when I test drove after the install. It is solid!! I had the Rustys Offroad tie rod end of my previous adjustable track bar split on me while I was driving with my girlfriend and I was not going to mess around anymore, especially since I run an 8" lift. The adjustable tie rod end of the IRO bar is about twice as big as the Rusty's. I also tack welded a few points around the mounting bracket to the frame just for added security.

Is anyone running the IRO Double Shear setup? I've been thinking of switching to this and some real world advice would be cool.

I had it on my previous XJ (96 4 door) and definitely plan on running it on my "new" XJ (90 2 door). I have to say it is a very impressively built piece and for under $200 I dont think you can ask for anything better.

Any trackbar that has a chubby trucker girl cut into the frame side bracket...........those are the best ones.:D

100_7080.jpg

100_7081.jpg

100_7082.jpg
What steering system is that?

What steering system is that?

It's JCR Offroad 1 ton steering. The track bar and bracket are a modified TNT parts. Over axle bracket for track bar is JCR as well.

there is a member on here that makes extremely strong track bars (redrider from froehlich suspension technology) i run his it has heims on both sides and allows for great stability and a reasonable price as well

DB-XJZJ2.jpg

Our bracket is 1/4 laser cut and CNC bent. Uses a 2.5 inch forged johnny joint in double sheer with a 9/16 grade 8 bolt.

Axle end comes with a high end clevite mechanically bonded bushing if your lower OEM bolt hole location is in good condition. Or upgrade to a HD bushing that uses a 9/16s grade 8 bolt. This does require drilling out the oem hole.

TB-Standard-HD916.jpg

The trackbar can be used with our new OEM drop bracket from 3-6 inches of lift. And then the same trackbar can be used with the larger drop bracket from 6-8 inches of lift.

This allows you to save money if you upgrade to a taller lift in the future. When going from the 3-6 range to the 6-8 we recommend the drop pitman arm which helps with steering angles.

ZJTBMNTBOTH.JPG

http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php/cPath/18_78

Lets us know if you have any other questions.

Adam
Clayton Off road Mfg.

Ill put in a second word for Kevins off road Trac bar, Had to drill the lower mount holes but it has cured my DW..

Back