• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

This MJ has been on Craigs for months. Decided to go check it out just for curiosity's sake..... Had been at $2800, then earlier today was at $2400.....

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/4429321792.html

2 WHEEL DRIVE

NEW BRAKES

$5,000 IN NEW SUSPENSION WORK - HAVE RECEIPTS

00g0g_crEv5p623dI_600x450.jpg

This poor thing is languishing among classics and high end luxury and euro cars..... they took it in on trade.... who'da guessed?

It looks A LOT better in the pics than in person...... guess the secret is to leave it wet and take the pics immediately......

Poor thing has severely sunburned, peeling paint, a badly dented roof, rusty spots where a bed liner had held debris for years, and the shadows of "sporTruck" decals along the sides. The interior wreaks of cigarettes...... It's also a 4 cyl.

I asked about the "$5,000" in receipts..... The sales guy showed me the receipts, about $1,400 in new parts (full brakes, brake lines, tires, full exhaust, tune up, gaskets, steering parts, steering box.) and the rest....... all labor! :eek: The shop in Parker that did the work should be ashamed. Replace a steering box, $154..... $435 in labor???? The owner got raped...... bad.

I told the sales guy, it was an $800 truck at best. I walked. The dealership owner poked his head out of his office and said "What can I do to get you to buy that sorry little truck today?" I laughed and said "$800 O.T.D. no more." He said...... "I'd love to. I told them not to pay more than $500 for it in trade.... those idiots really thought it was special. Sorry, can't take $800."

Must have riled up the owner...... priced just dropped to $1,777. :laugh:

I guess they can afford to wait for a sucker or the wholesale/auction circuit is hot for those specs. ¯\_()_/¯

Wireless Winch Remote - $75 (Fort Collins)
00303_6wbVCBgcWX7_600x450.jpg

I have a BRAND NEW Badland Wireless Winch remote control kit.

Never been used!!!

Gee Whiz only $75.00 and brand new ...lol...thay are less than $30 bucks at HOBO FREIGHT brand new where this assclown bought it . It amazes me how worthless some folks are .

Well..........................

As an exercise in Forced Induction, it could be worse. Not by much, but it could be worse...

The intercooler is more of an "inter heater" than a cooler given it's location. No air flow where it is and there is obviously room in front of the radiator for it to fit where it belongs so, WTF over?

Dumping the exhaust the way it is, is the best thing for a Turbo but I suspect the neighbors may not like it much... Or the Cops for that matter.

Intake plumbing. What can be said? It looks like he grabbed what ever was handy (including the stock air box to TB tubing) to make the connections. Random parts assembled in a random manner. Ah yes, the joy of viewing a professional installation.

The joint at the turbine is done in a very strange fashion Why the decision was made to cut the discharge port at an angle is anybodies guess.

All that being said, and for all that is wrong, it is an interesting idea. Not worth the asking price, but an interesting idea.

I will be willing to bet a chocolate doughnut that the turbocharger came right out of a junk yard and onto the XJ.

Crazy English put the steering wheel on the wrong side. :banghead:

Once again... I am just amazed seeing yet another intercooler sitting on top of an engine. Now, do not get me wrong here, IF it is properly installed the idea can work. Subaru has done it for many a year. Unfortunately... Neither the Turbo XJ or the Defender have a correct installation. In order for it to work, a massive amount of fresh air must be delivered to the heat exchanger.

Otherwise, what you wind up with is a heater, not a cooler.

Must admit, it is pretty funny to look at though.....

Back