• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

lol! i wanted a dirtymax but just couldnt justify the cost and after being a ford diesel tech couldn't buy one of those (if yours ever breaks justin...gimme a call lol) so i settled on a dodge. i hate the body and autobox but it was cheap enough that i paid cash and at the rate my trucks get smashed i should be able to move up to a DMax soon enough lol

Weird...my response last night didn't go through.

What I *meant* to say was another retarded *diesel* owner.

I have no brand loyalty. I have what I have since I wanted reliability, and a true 4 door in my price range.

However, I have noticed of them all, it seems people want STUPID amounts of money for then first gen cummins trucks. My friend and roommate has a first gen, and completely agrees with this. Most older diesels seem overpriced, but when truck shopping I noticed anything "Dodge Cummins" related took the cake.

Typical of when I was looking and even now:

"Yeah its a Dodge CUMMINS First Gen"

"Sure, $10k+ for you 200k mile Dodge truck thats nearly twenty years old that has next to no creature comforts and rides like a stiff brick seems like a good deal :rolleyes:"

"BUT BUT BUT ITS A CUMMINS!"

The funny part is how they all blow up their auto transmission and then want to swap to a manual. I've made $1800 so far this year selling NV4500s to brodudes with dodge trucks. I spend 2-3 hours pulling one in the junkyard with a friend, we pay $170 out the door for the transmission, I toss it on craigslist for a stupid asking price and get mobbed by retards trying to buy it. I've had so many people looking for them that I have the next 3 transmissions I find and pull spoken for already, even charging 900 to 1100 for as-pulled junkyard transmissions.

I ****ing love it. Can't beat getting paid 180/hr each (I split the profits with the friend I usually pull them with) to go junkyarding. Every time I sell one, the next one goes on craigslist for $200 more than the last. When it takes me 3 weeks to sell, I'm dialing the price back by $100 and selling them at that level forever.

00303_dnVrUbWddTO_600x450.jpg

t-case out of xj cherokee slip yoke. im sell because replaced with atlas 2speed. yoke has speed sensor Great for crawler.. Mike---719-499-1339

$550 for used 231j with used SYE ...LOL>>> 231j from a P&P is about $50-100 a brand new SYE is $150-200 and it installs with the t-case in or out of the Jeep ...Man some folks , well I guess if you were a Newbie and had no idea it could sound like a good deal , but wow you could build two of these for $550 .

That looks like the t-case I rebuilt and sold. Lol

The funny part is how they all blow up their auto transmission and then want to swap to a manual. I've made $1800 so far this year selling NV4500s to brodudes with dodge trucks. I spend 2-3 hours pulling one in the junkyard with a friend, we pay $170 out the door for the transmission, I toss it on craigslist for a stupid asking price and get mobbed by retards trying to buy it. I've had so many people looking for them that I have the next 3 transmissions I find and pull spoken for already, even charging 900 to 1100 for as-pulled junkyard transmissions.

I ****ing love it. Can't beat getting paid 180/hr each (I split the profits with the friend I usually pull them with) to go junkyarding. Every time I sell one, the next one goes on craigslist for $200 more than the last. When it takes me 3 weeks to sell, I'm dialing the price back by $100 and selling them at that level forever.

Just turned 130,000 on my 09 6.7 with 68rfe ...it's been tuned with an Edge attitude and I've roasted off 9 sets of back tires in this time...yeah those Dodge Autos sure do just fall apart...lol...If my auto gave up tomorrow I'd understand why since it has had things done to it which are not good for any auto ...130,000 and the only repairs done are replacing a tired battery lug and basic routine maintence oil /filter every 3,000 atf/filters every year fuel filter every 2nd or 3rd oil change ...I've never attempted to tow running a tune ,and stupid folks do stupid stuff like that and that's why stock automatics die ...lol...like new diesels need any extra from the factory to tow . There is nothing anymore reliable about the Ford or Chevy Autos they fall apart when abused just like any other and a stock Manual is junk without a good $2,000 double disc clutch like a south bend as the power of a tuned diesel will walk right through a shitty stock manual clutch .

^^ And that would be called finding the Market Ceiling. Also known as good business practice.

Have to love getting someone else to pay for your fun.
Yup! Charge the price the market will bear...

I'm really really thinking about offering a discount for a rebuildable core on the next one I sell. Make slightly less money on it, but I can turn that around and rebuild it, then sell it for even more (again with a core discount) and turn this into a moonlighting opportunity.

Just turned 130,000 on my 09 6.7 with 68rfe ...it's been tuned with an Edge attitude and I've roasted off 9 sets of back tires in this time...yeah those Dodge Autos sure do just fall apart...lol...If my auto gave up tomorrow I'd understand why since it has had things done to it which are not good for any auto ...130,000 and the only repairs done are replacing a tired battery lug and basic routine maintence oil /filter every 3,000 atf/filters every year fuel filter every 2nd or 3rd oil change ...I've never attempted to tow running a tune ,and stupid folks do stupid stuff like that and that's why stock automatics die ...lol...like new diesels need any extra from the factory to tow . There is nothing anymore reliable about the Ford or Chevy Autos they fall apart when abused just like any other and a stock Manual is junk without a good $2,000 double disc clutch like a south bend as the power of a tuned diesel will walk right through a shitty stock manual clutch .
dude... first of all just reading this makes my head hurt.

Second, you think a foot of lift on an XJ is a good idea. I'll just let that one stand for itself.

Third, my family spent well over ten grand over several years fixing up dodge autos. A mix of minivan transmissions and the 46RE in our dodge 2500. It's a sore spot with me, oh, and a lot of ZJ and dodge fullsize owners I know who are 100% stock, who have also had them blow up.

You had good luck with it, that's great, there are people out there who insist they've never had a problem with a d35 on 35" rubber. I don't intend to ever try and duplicate their experience, though, and for every person you find with a dodge auto that hasn't ever blown up, I can find you one or two that have.

Sure, you can keep them alive a bit longer by changing the fluid regularly, with the right ATF+4 not dex/merc like sloppy shops will use, and adjusting the bands, but they've still got some flaws in the design, and still tend to eat themselves.

Sorry if this hurts feelings... I call it how I see it and I'm not going to sugarcoat things.

Yup! Charge the price the market will bear...

I'm really really thinking about offering a discount for a rebuildable core on the next one I sell. Make slightly less money on it, but I can turn that around and rebuild it, then sell it for even more (again with a core discount) and turn this into a moonlighting opportunity.

dude... first of all just reading this makes my head hurt.

Second, you think a foot of lift on an XJ is a good idea. I'll just let that one stand for itself.

The lift on my xj really has no relativity to this subject , but i don't have 12 inches I have about 8 which despite most folks claiming less on 40s and full body most are the same or just a couple inches shorter , as most ( not all but most) are taller than advertised .

Third, my family spent well over ten grand over several years fixing up dodge autos. A mix of minivan transmissions and the 46RE in our dodge 2500. It's a sore spot with me, oh, and a lot of ZJ and dodge fullsize owners I know who are 100% stock, who have also had them blow up.

So no one has had this bad luck with stock clutches on transmissions or other brands ?...lol... by chance , did you do the work on their vehicles during that 10k expense ?

You had good luck with it, that's great, there are people out there who insist they've never had a problem with a d35 on 35" rubber. I don't intend to ever try and duplicate their experience, though, and for every person you find with a dodge auto that hasn't ever blown up, I can find you one or two that have.

We've owned over 20 vehicles with chyrsler autos in them only had an issue with a Dodge spirit it cracked and started to leak b4 trading it in at over 100k . You're comparison of a d35 on 35s is almost as good as bringing up my xj since reliability of a d35 with 35 inch tires should not be expected from a light duty axle designed for vehicles with open diffs running 28-29 inch tires , which is why my XJ runs a 60/14 both with 4340s ....??? what's under yours???

Sure, you can keep them alive a bit longer by changing the fluid regularly, with the right ATF+4 not dex/merc like sloppy shops will use, and adjusting the bands, but they've still got some flaws in the design, and still tend to eat themselves.

Show me any brand Auto or stick that lasts forever and is guranteed to last when used beyond design ...Also newer Dodge trucks do not have BANDS to adjust AS THE rfe SERIES OF TRANSMISSIONS ARE BANDLESS .

Sorry if this hurts feelings... I call it how I see it and I'm not going to sugarcoat things.

I'm not sure how un-factual opinion could hurt my feelings , but they do provide for comedy .

I just met a guy who bought a t-case from me who has an '05 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a 24 valve Cummins, an Allison trans and a STAK t-case powering Dana 70/80 combo on 38's all swapped in.

He's got you ALL beat.

So there. :laugh:

I just met a guy who bought a t-case from me who has an '05 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a 24 valve Cummins, an Allison trans and a STAK t-case powering Dana 70/80 combo on 38's all swapped in.

He's got you ALL beat.

So there. :laugh:

a dana 80 with 38s...i'll look for the trench going down the trail ...lol

warn XD9000i winch - $700 (castle rock )
00w0w_73I4kmSg3Oi_600x450.jpg

I have a Warn XD9000I winch . I had a motor go bad so I sent it in to warn for repair while it was gone I needed one so I bought a new one. While at Warn they put all new wiring , motor, gears, solenoids. This thing is brand new except paint. It does not come with the cable or remote, this is why the price is cheap. You can get remotes for $50 for wired or $100 for wireless, cable depends on what you go with. All my contac info is in the reply button on the top left of this page. This basically new winch will go fast first come gets it NO Holding.

What a deal...LOL!!!

When I first read this, I thought you were selling it. LOL! Man I really need to stop reading posts after being up all night and only having a few hours of sleep. Seems to be a legit deal. :D

I usually do the autoparts and tools sections of CL...LOL...But I decided to see just what kind of folks post in the personals...LOL>>> OMG! there's a lot of crazy folks on CL .

Yes there is and they want you to pay new prices for used stuff. Lol

93 with 97+ front front end/bumper (accident?) and white gauges (??); "4x4 has minor issues"

Interior seems in better shape than my 93 which I paid 1200 for (but was lifted, auto, and Country trim with cruise/power locks/windows)

If someone could talk 'em down, maybe a nice project start...

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4439086652.html

93 with 97+ front front end/bumper (accident?) and white gauges (??); "4x4 has minor issues"

Interior seems in better shape than my 93 which I paid 1200 for (but was lifted, auto, and Country trim with cruise/power locks/windows)

If someone could talk 'em down, maybe a nice project start...

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4439086652.html

Guy has a $500 XJ he needs one hell of a sucker to come anywhere close to his ridiculous asking price...The body on my trail rig is in better shape paint wise ...LOL.

Back