• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best leafs to get 4" of lift

Sub Zero

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my xj with a lift already on it, not sure what brand but it's lift coils up front and blocks in the rear. Wasn't sure on the lift height so I did the hub to flare measurement, measured out to 3.75 in the front and 3.25 in the rear. I'm assuming that it's a 4 inch lift that has sagged a little, stock leafs are completely flat. Looking to get rid of the blocks and put new leafs on the rear to get exactly 4" of lift after it settles. I also have a heavy steel rear bumper with tire carrier so I may have to take that into account. Anybody have any recommendations? I may end up just doing the bastard pack to build what I need but I would rather buy new leafs and swap them out

OME or Zone leafs and a shackle relocation bracket to help fine tune it.

I got 4" from OME CS033RB leafs (with overload leaf removed) and a Rusty's 3/4" lift shackle (angle is vertical still). I have a 31 mounted out back, and it rides firm with bilstein 5100s.

Building a bastard pack is pretty cheap and easy though. I'd suggest a Ford Explorer main cut down with alternating XJ and Explorer leaves. I got 3.25" when I built mine that way, on stock shackle.

When I had the overload spring in and sat it on the ground, I was close to 5" of lift in the rear. I took out the overload and got it back down to 4".

Sounds like maybe I can run the ome as they come without the lift shackles to get what I want. Sounds like that will give me 4.25 in the maybe a little less with my heavy bumper. If it doesn't drop all the way to 4 I could always add a spacer to the coils. Thanks for the help

You'll still want some shackle relocation boxes, though. The ride change from OE shackle in OE location to 1.25" longer shackle in relocation box was immeasurable. I used a longer shackle to account for the angle change from vertical to 45ish* to maintain the same lift before and after relocation.

Agreed with dan - The 45* angle will make the rear ride worlds better. I'm just straight up poor right now, but the shackles relocation boxes are on the priority list for the future.

You'll still want some shackle relocation boxes, though. The ride change from OE shackle in OE location to 1.25" longer shackle in relocation box was immeasurable. I used a longer shackle to account for the angle change from vertical to 45ish* to maintain the same lift before and after relocation.

Makes sense, I'll put it on the list:thumbup:

Back