• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best deal on warn or supieror shafts

F250 short shaft is the same as the F150, the long side is the only difference and it's actually only about 1" longer. I'm planning on ordering the Warn short & stubs and get a longer side from Moser or another 'custom' builder.

Matt, what's your initial impression on these joints and have you had a run on them yet?

Pretty cool. All it is is a 760 joint & caps with CTM like sleeves pressed into the caps. The body & caps are heat treated than cryo treated. I've been running standard 760 joints for the last 2 years without fail until recently when I found one side with the needles crushed. IMO the shafts are much more important than the joints. The shafts are what cause joint failure many more times than the joint fails on it's own. The first run on the joints was this last weekend on da Hammers. So far I like my wannabe CTM's & I notice nothing different between them & standard joints just driving the trail.

Hey beez, go back to your old front end. You can buy shafts for it. You sure upgraded frontends didn't you. :rolleyes:

Matt

hey man, I haven't measured the long side yet, I'm sure I'm all good.

early bronco axles are:

stefan.jpg

F-250 long side is 34.75" long, WARN does not sell an application that works. Warn does sell blanks long enough to be cut down and splined to work though.

ON-OFF topic question

what's the advantage of Warn vs. Yukon?

I have the Yukon and was told that they're just as good as the Warn (from a Yukon dealer of course), so why is everyone here using Warn if you can get 'just as good' cheaper? Not alot cheaper, but cheaper.

Fore 'prob spending good money on junk' Wheeler

I should go measure my long shaft when I get home. I have not even gotten into this axle yet. How much cheaper are these Warn blanks?

-Scott

Re: ON-OFF topic question

Fore Wheeler said:

I have the Yukon and was told that they're just as good as the Warn (from a Yukon dealer of course), so why is everyone here using Warn if you can get 'just as good' cheaper? Not alot cheaper, but cheaper.

yukons are new. warns have kind of set the standard for aftermarket shafts. i know warns work, if i were in the market id be looking for past experiences with all the shafts i was considering, sometimes new products are great and are better than previous ones. other times your left holding the broken pieces looking at your debit card statement wondering wtf just happened.

Hunter

FarmerMatt said:
Pretty cool. All it is is a 760 joint & caps with CTM like sleeves pressed into the caps. The body & caps are heat treated than cryo treated. I've been running standard 760 joints for the last 2 years without fail until recently when I found one side with the needles crushed. IMO the shafts are much more important than the joints. The shafts are what cause joint failure many more times than the joint fails on it's own. The first run on the joints was this last weekend on da Hammers. So far I like my wannabe CTM's & I notice nothing different between them & standard joints just driving the trail.

Matt

I think I'm going to go with these joints as well, but the alloys may have to wait for a while. Thanks Matt.:cool:

Re: ON-OFF topic question

Fore Wheeler said:

Axle Jack, who owns CTM, has found in the competition rigs that Warn shafts hold up the best. I've heard this repeated from others and he has told me himself. The Warns are Chromo, and not all front shafts are. The Warns held up better than Moser shafts, which are a good shaft. If Warn is better than Moser, the two best known companies, I wouldn't waste my time or money on anything else. JMHO

Beezil said:
dear diary.

I tried to order cool axles today so the naxja people would think I'm a badass. I talked to a nice man, and he said to measure my axles. warn supports only the ford 44's that have a stub of 9.72,a short side of 18.91 and a long side of 33.91. I measured my broken short side and it is 18.625. The nice man thought that was interesting, but not problem causing. But he wanted to know what my long side is cause that's the side that matters, but those broken axles are not at home. So I didn't ordewr the axles, and no one thinks I'm a badass. I guess I'll just have to talk out of my ass untl then.

Beezil, regardless of the warrenty, I've found Drivetrain Direct to be very good to deal with......worth checking out. Warn makes blanks, so quit your bitching and buy some GD axles!!
:D

Back