• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent tie rod ends

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
So am running a 44 front with Ruffstuff hi steer arms and a true cross over steering. I have a TNT truss and room is tight between the axle side pan hard bracket and the tie rod. I would rather not cut up the bracket but want some more turning radius back.

I bought some offset TREs but space is to tight between the drag link and tie rod ends. I thought about switching the offset TREs around on the tie rod and bend the tie rod but then would need to pop and end off to adjust the drag link or tie rod, not a hug deal but would like a better solution. Looking at some HD trucks they use bent TREs to keep bar straight, as well as some cars.

Any have experience or knowledge of a TRE that has the same taper and size as the GM 1 ton stuff? I am looking for something like this, or this may be it, I have not had much time to research yet.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mog-es443l

Maybe I'm dense but what do you mean by there is not enough space between the tie rod and drag link to run off set ends?

Pics?

Got it. That makes sense. I'm guessing you can't switch the position of each on the high steer arm as you will need a shorter pitman arm as well

Got it. That makes sense. I'm guessing you can't switch the position of each on the high steer arm as you will need a shorter pitman arm as well

Correct. My only options I can think of are bent TREs, bent drag link and tie rod or full hydro. The latter is out of the question so...

I am hoping to find a prevent TRE like the one in the first link that has the same size and taper of the GM 1 ton.

Since you are running high steer anyways, is there a reason you can't run the tie rod under the arm? Then TRE clearance is a non-issue.

Since you are running high steer anyways, is there a reason you can't run the tie rod under the arm? Then TRE clearance is a non-issue.

I could run the tie rod under the drag link end but then I would need to run heims and would lose a little clearance. Not that big of a deal but I prefer TRE over heims. Not interested in debating rod ends though

Best thing I found was for a late 70s Chevy Camaro but the stub diameter was to small, shaft was 11/16 instead of 7/8 too.

Looks like I'll put some bends in the drag link and tie rod and pop them off the arm to adjust the alignment. At least i don't need to do that very often

Back