• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent Chrysler 8.25 club?

Man, I must have been tired that day. I was thinking Auburn in my head, so thats where Ected came from. No, they do not have one for this axle. They have a great Posi though. The Aussie locker will eventually be in full production. They are finishing up correcting some minor issues. And I missed one, the Detroit TrueTrac.

So you have:

ARB
Detroit
No-Slip
TrueTrac
Auburn
Aussie (Not Available Yet)
Lock-Right (27 Spline Only)

Wait wait wait... what kind of auburn????? Surely not an Auburn Ected??????

i have seen spun tubes on 8.25's but thats about it

on 31" tires and 35" tires

some how i managed to flex the housing on mine to the point that it destroyed the R&P. I checked the back lash a week before, had 0.007 back lash, went wheeling, first hard ledge destroyed the hole pinion and 5 teeth on the ring instantly with very very little skinny pedal.

Before it is asked, new Richmond Gears, professionally installed, wheeled on for over a year before this, fluid changed often, back lash checked with every fluid change, Powertrax no-slip.

Now im running a dana 44 with a lock rite. Yep, missing that no-slip for every day driving noise, but seems to be holding up well.

tubes sizes arent everything.
i like the idea of this thread, and hope others will contribute to the whos broken what doing what list, cause we've all heard the storys, so pls, keep the real world contributions coming!

i have never broken anything axle related! i dont rock crawl but i do go fast, currently running 2 aussie'd xj d44's hard on 2 seperate trucks, both 2wd flavored, 1stock-1alloy shafts. only issue ive had is a leaky axle seal (most likely installation error). nothing spectacular but what i got...

Back