• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bench seat??

I actually did this swap on my buddies XJ...he had a 2dr and wanted it..its simple..you take the pedistals off the bench seat and put the ones off the XJ on it and it bolts down to the floor...very simple

lawsoncl said:
Just for the record, here's a summary of the CA child restraint laws. http://www.carseat.org/Legal/99_Enf.pdf

While technically legal if the rear seat is removed, I know someone who got a ticket for having a child seat in the front anyway. He was cited for deliberately removing safety equipment (the rear seat) and having the child seat in the front. It probably didn't help that he was being a dick and told the cop that he removed the seat for that purpose. He also lost the case in court with the female judge calling him a danger to his child.

Someone in my town has a baby seat in the front of their XJ. What's even more odd is that it's a RHD jeep, and the child seat is in what would normally be the driver's seat. It's quite quite confusing at first glance. I don't know if they did it for 'effect' or they actually stick their kid up front.

Markos said:
Someone in my town has a baby seat in the front of their XJ. What's even more odd is that it's a RHD jeep, and the child seat is in what would normally be the driver's seat. It's quite quite confusing at first glance. I don't know if they did it for 'effect' or they actually stick their kid up front.

Arizona laws allow the child seat in the front, so long as there is no airbag.
http://phoenix.about.com/od/parenting/a/childseat.htm

85xj4dr said:
I'm putting Prelude Si buckets in my Mj... Come get my old bench.

Are you using those for any special reason? Asking because i want to pull the old worn out fugly bench seat from mine and put in some buckets. Was thinking id get some from an XJ, if theres a better seat combo out there that has been done, well i guess i can search, ill do that too.

Back