• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beasley Knob.....

well i think that the jeep is ready, but i don't have a trailer so i don't know if i'll be able to make it this time. i am planning a trip to tellico sometime over the holidays however, so maybe some of us could get together and ride then.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Welp,I'm officially out of commission for the weekend:mad: Seems that when I broke the u-joint @ Tellico it also took out the Lock Right's pins,as well. I guess I just didn't notice it on the drive home because the driver's side shaft was out. The odds of me getting a set by Friday are slim to none,plus the wife's already put me on a "no more spending" diet for the rest of the week after the power steering pump fiasco. The XJ sure turns easier,but it's still like driving with a spool in the front. [size=big]DAMMIT!!![/size] Ah well,there's always next year! You guys have fun,and be safe!

BTW,if anyone just so *happens* to have a shotgun position open,let me know,and I'll show up to at least just have a ride:D

Georgia Mike said:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Welp,I'm officially out of commission for the weekend:mad: Seems that when I broke the u-joint @ Tellico it also took out the Lock Right's pins,as well. I guess I just didn't notice it on the drive home because the driver's side shaft was out. The odds of me getting a set by Friday are slim to none,plus the wife's already put me on a "no more spending" diet for the rest of the week after the power steering pump fiasco. The XJ sure turns easier,but it's still like driving with a spool in the front. [size=big]DAMMIT!!![/size] Ah well,there's always next year! You guys have fun,and be safe!

BTW,if anyone just so *happens* to have a shotgun position open,let me know,and I'll show up to at least just have a ride:D

That stinks man, but you're free to ride with me if you like.

Cool! I've got a dealer that's somewhat local to me that's gonna try and round up a set this week,and the wifey sez as long as they aren't more'n $20 to get 'em :D. I'll probably just get the XJ in the garage and tear it down tomorrow. Maybe I'll have them by Friday and can "thrash" it together Friday night. Keepin' my fingers crossed!! Mark,if I don't get it together,I'm ridin' with ya!:D

Make sure not to drop one of the pins or springs in the drain in the garage,because I'd hate to see what would happen if the wife saw you tearing the garage floor apart to get to the pins or springs.:D

See you at BK Lounge.

Mike, you're like a damn yo-yo ya yo-yo! I'm going...I'm not going...I'm going...I'm not going...lmao :D Hope ya make it tho dude, it wouldn't be the same without ya. I hope I can find it and on time. I won't be having to wait for biggun this time, so maybe!
I should get my shocks and front pads on by friday night, so I'll see you all there!
Dale

Blah,blah,blah! :D :D
If *nothing* goes wrong,I'll be there!! There,I said it! It's as concrete as mud pies!:rolleyes: Seriously,though,the pins should be here tomorrow if all goes well,and like a dumbass,I took the front axle apart in the driveway instead of cleaning out the garage and doing it inside where it's warm :doh: 'Sposed to be raining tomorrow,too. That'll make it it all the more fun! :yelclap: Wish me mucho luck! I'm gonna need it!!

the blue garage will keep of the rain. i'll be in Blairsville fri nite at the Best Western with an extra bed.

Georgia Mike said:
Blah,blah,blah! :D :D
If *nothing* goes wrong,I'll be there!! There,I said it! It's as concrete as mud pies!:rolleyes: Seriously,though,the pins should be here tomorrow if all goes well,and like a dumbass,I took the front axle apart in the driveway instead of cleaning out the garage and doing it inside where it's warm :doh: 'Sposed to be raining tomorrow,too. That'll make it it all the more fun! :yelclap: Wish me mucho luck! I'm gonna need it!!

MMMMMMMMmmmmm....mud pies!! Mucho luck dude!! If I could get the time off I'd come down and help ya then leave out sat morning with ya, but!. I'll probly still be finishing my own shite tomorrow nite. Hey, but on a high note, at least you won't drop one of the pins down the drain in the garage!! :D

Update:
The pins arrived today,at 5:15!:mad: So no chance of me putting it back together tonight(I knew I should've cleaned out that damned garage!!). I've got the locker fixed,though,so all I'll need to do tomorrow afternoon is put the carrier back in and slap it all back together. Maybe it won't be cold and raining tomorrow,just cold. I can deal with that if I have to:rolleyes: So,if nothin' spectacular goes wrong tomorrow afternoon I'm in! It's gonna be fun! Beasley's always a *B*I*G* challenge when it's wet:eek:

Hey Mike!

I've got a spare set of lock right pins! :) Wish I had come in here earlyer. Good luck and have fun. I got mine running! Not that great but better then Tellico in July! LOL!

Now he tells me! Just kiddin'! You'll need 'em the way you drive :laugh: It's a shame you're not coming tomorrow,you'r gonna miss out on some great trail ridin' in the sloppy hills of north Georgia! :)

Yes I wish I could go to. If you and the wifey get bored next weekend you should come back over here. We have a company christmas party next saturday....... pig on the barbie! Want ken be jelous! LOL!

did yall ride today??

yall are probly still out..

i wanna see some pics of how nasty it was...

Total carnage=
3 fender flares either ripped off or hanging by a thread
2 drip rails mashed
2 rear quarters bashed
1 passenger side door mashed in,glass and "wing" window busted
1 door-completely ripped from the hinges :wierd:
1 totally innocent CB antenna wire got the ol' slice-n-dice
"....and a partrige in a pear tree......." :D

I'm sure some pix will follow via Lee............

don't forget the two tire beads.
the plexi/duct tape door held up well but it felt like Cheech and Chong in there not being able to open the windows :greensmok to have a smoke

Back