• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bds longarm suspension

You need the follow parts:

124654 XJ, ZJ Lower Flex Arms $333.22 or the 124653 XJ, ZJ Lower Standard Arms $304.58
2" diameter .5" wall tube material.

014654 XJ 6.5" Crossmember Box Kit $311.53
Crossmember only.

124655 Long Arm XJ Upgrade Box Kit $397.13
Upper arms crossmember supports, and all of the hardware for the entire upgrade.

List Total: $1,041.88

It is the only kit made that has 0 degrees of caster change thoughout the entire suspension range. Full tractions kit has 1.5 degrees of change.

3" bumpstops are needed per BDS tech support.

They were very helpfull and great to deal with. I have done business with them in the past and their customer service and warranty is A-1.

Thier parts are very well built. I would not hesitate to buy the entire kit. You will get your moneys worth.

TNT said:

124654 XJ, ZJ Lower Flex Arms $333.22 or the 124653 XJ, ZJ Lower Standard Arms $304.58

014654 XJ 6.5" Crossmember Box Kit $311.53
Crossmember only.

124655 Long Arm XJ Upgrade Box Kit $397.13
Upper arms crossmember supports, and all of the hardware for the entire upgrade.

List Total: $1,041.88

It is the only kit made that has 0 degrees of caster change thoughout the entire suspension range. Full tractions kit has 1.5 degrees of change.

3" bumpstops are needed per BDS tech support.

They were very helpfull and great to deal with. I have done business with them in the past and their customer service and warranty is A-1.

Thier parts are very well built. I would not hesitate to buy the entire kit. You will get your moneys worth.

Thanks for that. I am curious if you could just get the crossmember box, and supports with hardware. Like Eli said, the arms are real easy and could save you a good chunk of change.

You can order the part numbers seperately.

The supports don't come with the crossmember, but the crossmember should be easy to make work with the T&T frame stiffeners.

A couple of simply made brackets and you would be good to go.

Last edited:
TNT said:

where did you see that the lower arms were 2" x 0.5" wall thickness? I thought that i saw on their site it was 1.75" tube diameter x 0.25" wall thickness.

anyhow, seems like a good kit, i dont know if i like the skidplate for the transfer case. would love to hear some real experience from anyone who might have this kit. anyone bite the bullet yet?

so, the kit (124655) that says long arm upgrade and has a picture with the crossmember and arms. doesnt actually include that stuff? $600 later and you actually have the parts you need?

-Tim

NCCherokee said:
where did you see that the lower arms were 2" x 0.5" wall thickness? I thought that i saw on their site it was 1.75" tube diameter x 0.25" wall thickness.

anyhow, seems like a good kit, i dont know if i like the skidplate for the transfer case. would love to hear some real experience from anyone who might have this kit. anyone bite the bullet yet?

I talked to their tech support. The uppers at 1.75" diameter with a .25" wall thickness and the lowers are 2" diameter with a .5" wall thickness according to them. Give them a call, they were great to talk with.

jeepnuts311 said:
so, the kit (124655) that says long arm upgrade and has a picture with the crossmember and arms. doesnt actually include that stuff? $600 later and you actually have the parts you need?

-Tim

That box kit is one of the three box kit part numbers that the longarm kit consists of, It has the parts list for the complete upgrade since it has the hardware and all of the small parts. The crossmember is sold seperate as are the LCA's since you choose a box kit with or without flex joints. It's just poor website design.

praetorian said:
So when do we get a crossmember for us with 5speeds?

Im sure it could work, with very little modification, if any. Ive used stock Xmembers from autos in my AX15, no problems.

I should have the BDS Xmember and upper arms/hardware/support kit within the next month or so. I will be making my own lower arms, with rubber bushings and flex joints.

A good thrashing, and Ill see how I like it. Might end up running one upper for a 3 link.

Back