• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB's with rock rings

I'll get a couple shots today, I was going to take some yesterday and post them but didnt want to hear the "you put 10.50's on a 10 inch wheel" rant....

When I bought the tires I ran em on stock wheels not planning to get any wheels, paid just shy of $1300 for 5 brand new, mounted, and I personally dont wanna sell them with 4-5k miles on em at half price by the time I got low balled. Just to turn around and double that money up again to buy 12.50's. It is what it is and I personally think it doesnt look half bad... Besides, the wheels + 5 rock rings that nobody else will ever have + a little paint = less than getting a set of 5 new 15x8 wheels

Ha ha^^^ Oh well, here we go...

_DSC1365.jpg

_DSC1363.jpg

_DSC1367.jpg

The bumper is getting pulled off probably sunday, im going to weld up a fairleed mount for my xrc8 comp winch and then rhino line the bumper, going to do fender flares, either make my own or buy some of the cheaper bushwacker look alikes. then swap in my locked rear axle and call her done for now, thanks for looking!

And the colors if you couldnt tell is OD Green (the krylon camo version) and obviously flat black

i anticipate problems if you run low pressure. those things will debead pretty easy like that. not to piss in your cherrios or anything.

i anticipate problems if you run low pressure. those things will debead pretty easy like that. not to piss in your cherrios or anything.

Im aware, hence the explaination of why I put them on in the first place a couple posts up... cant stomach buying tires for $1300 and selling them for probably 6-700 with only about 4-5k on them...

I will be wheeling mostly slick rock, no need to really go below 18-20 psi and Ive been told Ill only run into problems when I get closer to single digits.

Cheerios un-pissed in....

Im aware, hence the explaination of why I put them on in the first place a couple posts up... cant stomach buying tires for $1300 and selling them for probably 6-700 with only about 4-5k on them...

I will be wheeling mostly slick rock, no need to really go below 18-20 psi and Ive been told Ill only run into problems when I get closer to single digits.

Cheerios un-pissed in....
What kind of wear are you getting on your tires? I ran 20/21PSI in my 31's on the road and 17/18 in my 33's to get an even wear, and 12-14 offroad.

Last edited:
Voteban---No havent been out to Lehi for a while, furthest I go is Bluffdale to my dads house, he has all the fun tools over there... no 220 at my place for a welder. And whenever I drive out to 5 mile or little moab I take Redwood out.

Mini=man---My wear pattern has been perfect on these tires, I run 30/30 and dropped them to about 15 with my stock wheels, with these wheel I will stick around high teens for air down. So far with the wider wheels I havent noticed anything wierd going on with wear, but they have only been mounted up for 200 miles.

They are however quite a bit louder on the freeway with the tread pattern all stretched out. But thats what the stereo is for right?

wouldnt cheap steelies of the correct size only cost 200 for the set, maybe? keep the tires, ditch the way too wide rims.
rock rings arent going to help with what i've seen happen.

wouldnt cheap steelies of the correct size only cost 200 for the set, maybe? keep the tires, ditch the way too wide rims.
rock rings arent going to help with what i've seen happen.

Yes, you are 100% right, steelies in the same size and pattern 15x8 that every other guy has are around $200.

I bought the wheels I have, got the rock rings made that are one of a kind, and painted them for less than the cost of the wheels everybody has on here. To .me thats a big plus

What arent the rock rings going to help with? If you say "keeping the bead on at low pressures" your just ignorant, because I already responded to that the last time you "pissed in my cheerios"

Back