• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery quick connects for receiver winch?

zthang43

NAXJA Forum User
You guys that are using receiver winches, what are you doing for battery connectors (quick disconnects) and where did you get them? I found some reference to forklift battery connectors but I'm not sure where to get them, and I'm interested in hearing some other options as well.

Thanks

Try here.

These are the ones I am going to use, plus put one of these on the end of your jumper cables and you won't even have to lift the hood!

Ditto on the Anderson style connectors. They also make dust caps to keep the crud out when you're not using them, and a metal d-ring handle that you can screw onto the shell for better gripping.

G.Nenzel said:

Thanks for the link, looks like those guys have the best prices. I talked to one of them BTW, he sounded like Joe Pesci. (They are in NY.)

I'm still unclear though on which size connector I need, the 175 amp or the 350 amp? I was going to go with the 350's, but the smallest connectors for it are for 2/0 (00) cable; but the cable on my winch is only #2 or #4 gauge. Will the 175 amp connectors be enough?

5-90 seems to know a bit about this stuff, maybe he'll chime in here.

I'm running the 350 amp connectors on my rig. I also ran the welding cable to the rear. When I built this harness, I incorporated the wires to the block and to the starter. It made a world of difference in the cranking speed. I bought a swage tool to crimp the connectors as well. The key is to coil up some rosin core solder and place it in the bottom of the connector, trim back the insulation on the cable, dip the conductor in liquid flux, place it in the connector and swage it. Then heat it up with a pencil torch and add solder from the top as it heats up. You end up with a perfect connection.

Back