• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Nov 14th-16th

We are bringing Lily. I am sure she will have fun beating up on your lil burbon.

aight bishes, its on
I started my new job today and they told me for sure that I can have off next Friday. It's Barnwell or bust.

btw, a certain central TX jeeper who can't attend said he might be able to donate a homemade bottle of hooch to the cause. He should be done with a rum in time

I know I will go to prision one day for some one messing with my lil girl... But I didn't think it would be this soon.

j/k Chia

Well its about time!

Hey guys - we've been talking about your run a bit on the overland trucks board (which is a mix of Nissan and XJ guys). Do you mind if a couple of us non-XJs join you - or since this is an official NAXJA event do you want to keep it jeep-only?

Just thought I'd pass along a few things I learned this past weekend at Barnwell - it's been awhile since I've been:
1) Pipeline road is now closed - which sucks because it was the coolest way down to the Xterra camp.
2) As others pointed out, Angry Jeep is worse than it used to be - but the straight-down path still isn't too bad - BUT - this little Blazer with huuuuge tires tried to go up the little alternate ending (where as you're going down the dropoff at the end you have an option to turn right) and dug it out to the point where any regular vehicle going down it would end up on its roof. We put a log and some yellow straps across it to warn people but who knows if that stuff will still be there. The people at the office didn't seem to care.
3) The $8 OHV sticker is now required for all vehicles - even street legal ones
4) There are signs all over the place saying no glass containers. :dunno:

have fun,
Glen

Hey guys - we've been talking about your run a bit on the overland trucks board (which is a mix of Nissan and XJ guys). Do you mind if a couple of us non-XJs join you - or since this is an official NAXJA event do you want to keep it jeep-only?

We welcome all flavors of off-road vehicle to our events, so feel free to bring the XTerras along.

Just thought I'd pass along a few things I learned this past weekend at Barnwell - it's been awhile since I've been:
1) Pipeline road is now closed - which sucks because it was the coolest way down to the Xterra camp.

Didn't notice that in October, but we didn't try to go pipeline.

2) As others pointed out, Angry Jeep is worse than it used to be - but the straight-down path still isn't too bad - BUT - this little Blazer with huuuuge tires tried to go up the little alternate ending (where as you're going down the dropoff at the end you have an option to turn right) and dug it out to the point where any regular vehicle going down it would end up on its roof. We put a log and some yellow straps across it to warn people but who knows if that stuff will still be there. The people at the office didn't seem to care.

Yeah, we avoided that on the way down. But definitely worth mentioning as it looks like a bypass but is definitely NOT easier than the main path.

3) The $8 OHV sticker is now required for all vehicles - even street legal ones

Technically, those OHV stickers have ALWAYS been required for ALL vehicles, but the front office does NOT enforce. However, per that office there are occasionally Park Rangers out in the park that WILL enforce.
Here's the original thread where this was discussed and I will update the OP to include info on the sticker. Personally, I think that 8 bucks is small price to help support ORV access in Texas so I keep mine on.[/quote]

4) There are signs all over the place saying no glass containers. :dunno:

Yeah, I believe thats a new one. I completely understand the reasoning as folks get drinking and get stupid and ruin campsites by covering them with glass. That said, I don't believe the rule is enforced heavily and they won't raise a stink if we don't break bottles all over the campsite. Probably best to try to avoid glass if possible, though.

This brings me to the drinking discussion that was brought up earlier. Campsite drinking is quite acceptable (as has already been discussed) but once you pick up a beer, you put down your keys, period. Anyone who hits the trails while drinking will NOT be invited back. The same goes for anyone who does not show respect for the facilities that we are using. These runs are all about having fun, but NOT at the expense of the owners or the NAXJA reputation. [/soapbox]

Last edited:
Well that sucks about pipeline... I liked that trail.

Hello guys, I was with Kasier over Halloween and plan on coming back the 14th and 15th with my Pathfinder.

I haven't read the whole post so this maybe a huge R, but there are a couple of things we found out about some of the trails that are not reflected in the trail spreadsheet.

1. SUnday cruise is now rated as a 4.

2. L&B turnpipe is still a 3, but it needs to be at a 4 due to one of the climbs. We didn't hit it with a lot of gas since we had a winch, but still our vehicles are more than capable of any 3 out there.

For people pulling trailers take a left on Linda Gail off the main road, at the first fork make a right at the next fork make a right and you will be at the X camp. This route is suitable for just about any vehicle and we had no problem with a 2wheel drive chevy getting back there.

Last edited:
Back