• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Nov 14th-16th

I can take up most of the cooking. I was planning on it anyways. I alreayd have Friday night and Sat. morning planned.

Ok now that I have more time to post.

From my count we have approx. 8 rigs and 12 people so far. That count includes magimerlin even though he has not posted yet.

Ok this is what I was planning... I was going to "make" Frito Pies on friday night around 6-7pm then, Friday morning I was going to make sausage and egg burritos. I was hoping some others would help with dinner Sat and maybe even lunch on Sat.

Also the trails at Barnwell close around 10pm so I was thinking Friday night after dinner to go on a easy night run.

I'm not promising it yet...
but that is a few weekends after the opening weekend of rifle season and i know we still have some meet in the freezer, so I could possibly birng some deer meet (Axis, Fallow, whitetail).

I went this weekend, looks like the Xterra campsite will be good. We can get rowdy there without worrying about neighbors. :D

Yeah, it's buried at the back end of the park where nobody goes. It's right at the exit from Angry Jeep, so easy to get to, as well. Word of caution, though...while Angry Jeep is only rated a 2, the exit has a pretty steep departure so I wouldn't suggest "short-cutting" on the way in with a fully loaded jeep unless all your gear is well secured. Also, for those trailer queens who will be accompanying us, leave your tow rigs up front. The main trail gets a bit rough and has some real tight corners. You'll have a real rough time get a trailer back down there.

I think since its gonna be a small group we should all do the same trail runs. also we should definetly do a night run.

I've never really gotten excited over night runs. That said, if everyone is on-board, we could probably do that on Friday Night.

As for our scheduled runs, I agree we should stick together as much as possible. We may split up for a bit to run some 4's, but when / if we do that, those who don't want to run the trail can meet us at the exit to watch the carnage or take shotgun with someone.

That map that got posted earlier will be a HUGE help when it comes to putting together a decent schedule. I'll see what I can plan for us.

It looks like Pipeline dumps out close to the camp too. I think that would be a better "short cut" but I am not for sure about that path. I will find out when I get there.

Even though its a small group and if we break the group in half, even for a part of Saturday, you guys think we can cover more trails that way?

Yeah, it's buried at the back end of the park where nobody goes. It's right at the exit from Angry Jeep, so easy to get to, as well. Word of caution, though...while Angry Jeep is only rated a 2, the exit has a pretty steep departure so I wouldn't suggest "short-cutting" on the way in with a fully loaded jeep unless all your gear is well secured. Also, for those trailer queens who will be accompanying us, leave your tow rigs up front. The main trail gets a bit rough and has some real tight corners. You'll have a real rough time get a trailer back down there.

Getting a trailer back there can definately be interesting, but I would be more worried about parking the trailer down there.

It looks like Pipeline dumps out close to the camp too. I think that would be a better "short cut" but I am not for sure about that path. I will find out when I get there.

Yes, the pipeline makes a good short cut as far as getting to Xterra Camp, been using that route for years but I would not recommend it if you arrive after dark due to the washed out areas.

Yes, the pipeline makes a good short cut as far as getting to Xterra Camp, been using that route for years but I would not recommend it if you arrive after dark due to the washed out areas.

Well thats no fun!

I am going to try and make it. I just need to get my Transfer case either fixed or replaced and I will be good. Shoot, last time I was at barnwell I made all the trails in 2WD (not by choice!)

Back