• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja shifter

YES!!! Got everything hooked up, I left it in stock first with the connectors in stock and tested everything, worked like a charm, then I inserted the shifter by unplugging the (trailer connectors and connected the shifter into the plugs as previously described, I first left the switch in stock position and then switched on the shifter and IT WORKED AS ADVERTISED. like a champ!!. I played around with the Atlas in low and plowed around in my lot (no where else to go tonight). A very good add on.
Rory sent me a set of labels to reverse the direction of the shifter if I want to, (thanks Rory), he called me to check on everything, I am very proud to say he is doing a very good job of customer service. He has a great product. I'll get pictures when I get the console put back in and the switches mounted and labeled, I will have to fabricate a mount for the shifter. More to come.

subscribed :)

Finally got to wheel with the shifter, was at the Jeep Jamboree in Palo Duro Canyon, rained so lots of mud, I mounted the shifter just to the left of the stock stick, it worked like a charm, perfectly shifting on demand. I used it alot in the mud to stay in 2nd and 3rd gear in low with the Atlas. I am very happy with it. I'll try to get a picture of it mounted.

Unlock it - i.e. don't push the torque converter lockup switch.

Finally got to wheel with the shifter, was at the Jeep Jamboree in Palo Duro Canyon, rained so lots of mud, I mounted the shifter just to the left of the stock stick, it worked like a charm, perfectly shifting on demand. I used it alot in the mud to stay in 2nd and 3rd gear in low with the Atlas. I am very happy with it. I'll try to get a picture of it mounted.

Good to here yo got it out and like it. You have done a great write up on this, thanks again.

Does the shifter come with a switch?
No, the switch is extra, not everyone uses one or they buy a simple on-off switch if they don't have the TCU anymore.

Gear- Solenoids
1st - #1 On #2 Off
2nd - #1 On #2 On
3rd - #1 Off #2 On
4th - #1 Off #2 Off

When a solenoid is "On", it is attached to 12V+.
When a solenoid is "Off", does it HAVE to be attached to Ground, or can it just be open (connected to nothing)?

I would think being attached to nothing would be alright as it takes 12V to activate the transmission solenoid, so any "ambient voltages" wouldn't be enough to activate the solenoids.

Thanks for any help.

You are correct. You can leave the wire open.

Back