• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle seal leak is finally causing problems....

Clean-RC said:
I am off next week after x-mas... give me a shout.. but first I need to get Kyungs D30 all done... Since he has been nice and all this year...
:clap: :thumbup:

GrimmJeeper said:
i really appreciate the offers guys but im not really feeling comfortable driving like this for 1.5-2 hours to get down there :D thanks anyway... anyone a little more local to la county/ north OC ??

I got a driveway... but wait I am going to Asuza (j/k). :kissyou:
I will be around all weekend and next week if you want to do it at my place

Brendan_91XJ said:
I got a driveway... but wait I am going to Asuza (j/k). :kissyou:
I will be around all weekend and next week if you want to do it at my place
how 'bout this: we do it as a double event :D I need the cracked exhaust swapped and believe it or not, I've never done that :D And on the flip side I can help with the front axle :D

if sunday would work out for you brendan that would kick ass, and remi bringing the tools would be double bonus :D i'll bring something to eat!

GrimmJeeper said:
if sunday would work out for you brendan that would kick ass, and remi bringing the tools would be double bonus :D i'll bring something to eat!

It is good for me! Remi?

I am working on empting (sp?) it, and I have till sunday to drink the rest of the good stuff - lol

Mike, if you still need those seals I have a couple you can have. I remembered that I bought these a while ago and never used them. Scott's got me covered for now on my axle he's regearing so I can bring them over to Brendan's on Sunday if you need.

corbinafly said:
Mike, if you still need those seals I have a couple you can have. I remembered that I bought these a while ago and never used them. Scott's got me covered for now on my axle he's regearing so I can bring them over to Brendan's on Sunday if you need.
that would kick ass, i can give you back what you payed for em, or stick around and eat im bringing carne asada :D

im thinking with my $$ situation right now just replacing the carrier bearings and seals, the ujoints are going to have to wait. i hope the pinion bearing isnt bad, i will try to pick one up anyway just in case but i hope i can return it.

GrimmJeeper said:
that would kick ass, i can give you back what you payed for em, or stick around and eat im bringing carne asada :D

im thinking with my $$ situation right now just replacing the carrier bearings and seals, the ujoints are going to have to wait. i hope the pinion bearing isnt bad, i will try to pick one up anyway just in case but i hope i can return it.
Done. Carne.......mmmmm.

ok guys im getting the bearings today, spending money i dont have :shocked: anyways, ive got the carrier bearings, i should get the pinion bearing too right? do i need to get the inner and outer or just the inner or what?

thanks

GrimmJeeper said:
ok guys im getting the bearings today, spending money i dont have :shocked: anyways, ive got the carrier bearings, i should get the pinion bearing too right? do i need to get the inner and outer or just the inner or what?

thanks
do you have play on the pinion? If no, I would not touch it. Also inner is a BITCH, I would not touch it unles you're sure it's bad.

Kejtar said:
do you have play on the pinion? If no, I would not touch it. Also inner is a BITCH, I would not touch it unles you're sure it's bad.
i cant check for play in the pinion without pulling the carrier out right? im thinking i will skip the pinion bearings for now, if i still have problems i'll just tear it apart again later. thanks remi that saves me about $40 bux.

GrimmJeeper said:
i cant check for play in the pinion without pulling the carrier out right? im thinking i will skip the pinion bearings for now, if i still have problems i'll just tear it apart again later. thanks remi that saves me about $40 bux.
yes you can. go underneath and push on the pinion up and down and see whether it moves. If it moves, then check that the pinion nut is as tight as it shouldbe and check again. Btw, if you ened the inner bearing, I think I got couple. I'm pretty sure that each time I swapped housings, I left that bearing be so I think I might have one floating around. Btw, how much are you paying for bearings? I think a full install kit iwth timken bearings is abotu $100 or less... and I happen to have one for the d30 someplace that I haven't used yet.

im getting the carrier bearings w/ races for 15 bux apiece, the pinion bearings are 15 each and the races come seperate at 6 each. plus gear oil and silicone for the gasket.

GrimmJeeper said:
im getting the carrier bearings w/ races for 15 bux apiece, the pinion bearings are 15 each and the races come seperate at 6 each. plus gear oil and silicone for the gasket.

I have silicone for the gasket, and probably enough gear oil as well if you are that tight on $$.

Brendan_91XJ said:
I have silicone for the gasket, and probably enough gear oil as well if you are that tight on $$.
thanks brendan, but im good, as long as kyung brings those seals anyway :D see you sunday and thanks for letting me use your place... do you have an oil pan to catch the gear oil? (if there's any left)

Back