• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Modded Yank Tank

LOL, i know its going to go BOOM, the question is when?. I am now taking bets as to the amount of time b4 the 35 goes, my money is on 100 meters up my street :D.
But yes, the 60 will go in b4 hand i think! - i would like to blow the 35 up for shits and giggles tho :)

I bet you can break it leaving the driveway if you give it enough "stupid pedal" :D

Have now moved front bushwackers back and done some more trimming to the front, 37's clear easily with acos wound down 2 inch. Will start hacking up the rear tomorrow and install the 4 inch home made shackles.

Have now moved front bushwackers back and done some more trimming to the front, 37's clear easily with acos wound down 2 inch. Will start hacking up the rear tomorrow and install the 4 inch home made shackles.

I want to see pics of the 4" shackles installed!! :D

Can anyone suggest other mods needed to run the 37's ??? = outa ideas atm, thinkin of upgrading the RE kit to long arm, what are my other options for the rear end with suspension besides a full on 4 link ??, also any one have detailed instruction/pics on chopping out the rear wheel arches / doors to fit ??, think im going to have to take a fair bit off and re-weld all the gaps ??, any info would be great :D, after all us Aussies r trying to catch up ya know, as far as i know no one in Aus is running 37's on an XJ atm even if they be slightly bald (measuring 36 in rolling diameter). Thanks guys :)

Also might add into my build thread:

Had a photo shoot with aussie magazine "4wd action" on the 18th of feb :D
Magazine release date is due to be sometime around June from what we have heared. Will upload the official pics when its released, some wicked creek run flex shots to look forward to ;)

Some crapy iphone pics i was allowed to take :)

img0180wv.jpg

img0181sn.jpg

img0178jf.jpg

Other mods done since original build post include: RE molly tie rod, tough dog return to centre steering stabiliser, custom hood liner + a few other bits,

I still can't get over just how massive those lights on the front bumper are. I would be on the side of the road receiving a large ticket from the first police officer I saw if I had anything like that.

I LOVE the lightforce lights.
I must have a set of those sweet HID oes they have.

I LOVE the lightforce lights.
I must have a set of those sweet HID oes they have.

They may even add some structural integrity to it too! :D

meh, I've got a double thick unitbody, hows your hatch close when you twist up your station wagon?:kissyou:

Dunno, I don't open my hatch while I am wheeling it! :D

Back