• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Modded Yank Tank

The Lightforce 240 HID's are amazing, often when traversing the bush of an evening you can spot koalas falling from the trees :D, good to see there is much interest in Aussie wheeling chicks, if they were that easy to come by i would have one of my own by now, lol. Seems most of them have the hots for blokes in Nissan Patrols :(. Altho my XJ dose get a few looks from members of the opposite sex, once even had a flasher :D!.
Oh and there is no such thing as a "shrimp" we call em Prawns down under :D.

Will keep yall updated with the progress, still choppin, been a bit lazy.

Quick update:

Hanson bar is on, 33 kevlars and some yella terra roller rockers, d35 went kab00m, d44 build on atm, have RE drop brackets and jks rear shockie mount to go on.

Scrapped the d60 and 37's idea for the time being, will keep them in storage for a later date.

img0338k.jpg

img0340bf.jpg

rollerrockers02.jpg

img0335gj.jpg

Oh thank god that damn bumper is gone. I like the Hanson bumpers! I ended up getting a set of JCR bumpers and Lightforce 170's for mine. They kick ass but i'm sure not as much as those 240's you got! The jeep is looking good man!

Well i went on holidays after the d44 went in, I had a nasty accident and wrote the XJ off. Im lucky to be alive, it all happened so quick.

img1027j.jpg

Im looking for another XJ atm and hope to be back into it with in the week.

Cheers,

Well i went on holidays after the d44 went in, I had a nasty accident and wrote the XJ off. Im lucky to be alive, it all happened so quick.

img1027j.jpg

Im looking for another XJ atm and hope to be back into it with in the week.

Cheers,
holy crap!

What happened? Roll down a hill or corner badly? That looks BAD, glad you made it.

I was on Moreton Island, traveling along middle track, turned a corner and the XJ jumped out of the ruts and i lost control, headed into the scrub at about 50kph, hit a big gum tree, flipped and rolled. Walked away with 3 broken ribs, bruised arm, a bit of glass in my head and knee (small bits). Im one lucky SOB to be still walking talking, swearing, drinking and farting. I will be able to recover the engine, transmission, rear d44, some inter parts, and some suspension bits. I'll be rockin in a new XJ with in the week. R.I.P big red, my pride and joy, many a tear has been shed ......

Back