• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie locker Problem

the first phone call they took down all my info, the spacing etc.. then called me back about 3 hours later, VERY VERY HELPFULL, long story short its warrentied :wave1: aussie is a GREAT! company!!!!

hmm. i wonder what caused the failure in the first place... their reputation precedes them, which is good.

are you throwing the spider gears back in for the mean time?

yeah there already in there as of last night, he gave me a couple of recomendations, add a couple of thrust washers and change the cross shaft. i have a whole spare 8.25 sitting in the yard so im going to try that on the next install.

Last edited:
awesome, glad to hear they stand by their warranty :)

super stupendous.

yeah there already in there as of last night, he gave me a couple of recomendations, add a couple of thrust washers and change the cross shaft. i have a whole spare 8.25 sitting in the yard so im going to try that on the next install.

i've been looking for an 8.25 for a while and you didn't tell me you had one? :smsoap: haha just kidding, you probably want to keep it for spare parts...

i've been looking for an 8.25 for a while and you didn't tell me you had one? :smsoap: haha just kidding, you probably want to keep it for spare parts...

yeah sorry haha i need the shafts :D i bought my rear end already geared @ 4.10 so i swapped out the 3.07 one.

Mine did the same thing right after installing it. Before i put the dif cover back on i did the test everything seemed to work fine and all the measurements were good. I have 4.56 gears and i had a hard time installing it.

Being on/near the outside limits of the tolerances is most likely why your teeth are getting chewed up, they are just grabbing on the outside edges of the teeth and failing at doing that it seems, by tearing off some of the leading edges of the gears. I would try to get them as close to the inside limit as possible so this doesn't happen to your new parts and leaves you with plenty of room for wear without having to worry.

What more can anyone say about thrust washers for the 8.25? Is there a certain size you need for a 2000 XJ or just work with what you have to get the tolerance within spec? The kit I found at a dealer has .032, .037, .042 and .047 thickness. Planning on the aussie install this week. Is there an OEM spec for the thrust washer?

Back