• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker coming for the 8.25

I don't even think this could work with a tracloc. This isn't a selectable locker so I don't see how you could have a limited slip and an auto locker in the same package.

Although I've heard a limited slip and selectable locker could work together somehow.

I don't even think this could work with a tracloc. This isn't a selectable locker so I don't see how you could have a limited slip and an auto locker in the same package.

Although I've heard a limited slip and selectable locker could work together somehow.

The no-slip is made in a "tracloc" version, that slides in place of the trac-lock so you can use that carrier.

You don't keep the limited slip, it replaces it.

Ive got one installed now, works great

Since this locker has been out a little bit, how is it performing? Upto all the expectations?
I would guess good since no one has complained. You usually only hear the negative about products, so no news is good news.

I am happy with it on the trail, but it is a little harsh on the road. I would not do a auto locker on the rear again and mine is not even a DD.

I am happy with it on the trail, but it is a little harsh on the road. I would not do a auto locker on the rear again and mine is not even a DD.

bla, I'd do it again, for the price, and it works great, you just have to adjust driving around your tight turns. I have it with a 5 speed to, which makes it more evident, but I am satisfied with the product & have been running it a few months now. Works exactally as it should off road.

I contacted Aussie Locker asking if they were going to make a locker for the 8.25 and this is what I got.
"We appreciate your interest in the Aussie Locker. We will have the Chrysler 8.25 29 spline locker in USA inventory by late April if the current production schedule holds."

So for you 8.25 guys out there the wait will soon be over. I'm really excited because I havn't wanted to spend $290+ for a locker and I've heard really good things about the Aussie.:cheers:
I run an Aussie in my dana 44 rear. I like it. It quietened quite a bit over the first few months. It performs well with only a few handling quirks.

I used to run a 29 spline 8.25 with a Powetrax No-Slip. I preferred the No-Slip. It had fewer handling quirks, was silent most of the time, and seemed to work just as well offroad.

I used the Aussie, in the 44, because it was sitting on the shelf at my dad's shop. It is a good locker, but I will probably pull it, down the road, and put it in the front of my J-10. I'll probably replace it with another No-Slip in the rear of my Cherokee. The Aussie price is right, but $200 extra isn't much when you're talking about years of service.

Back