• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie Locker coming for the 8.25

if i get one for 29 psline 3.55 gears...
do i need to get another one for higher gears or is it transferable....
this question was asked earlier but never answered...(i guess i should ask the same for the D30 too?)

The Aussie Locker will work for any gear ratio and is in effect "transferable"

Woo Hooo aussie now is selling the locker for the 8.25 yay.. oops i know im late. haha

Now i need to save up for one for the rear...

Ok i got this question.. when you lock the rear... does that mean you cant tow with the jeep anymore.. Since I tow a 3000lb boat couple of times a year.. Im afraid to lock the rear.

Ok i got this question.. when you lock the rear... does that mean you cant tow with the jeep anymore.. Since I tow a 3000lb boat couple of times a year.. Im afraid to lock the rear.

Shouldn't be a problem. Heck, Richmond gear has a truck towing a boat on a demo video, and the lock right operates the same way as an aussie.

ahh Ok I know under power on turns it wants to lock up. I can see myself with a hevy load puttin lots of stress on the axle and something is gonna give.. if the tires dont break usualy an axle shaft will.

People purchase the Aussie Locker to enable them to pull their boats out of the water on steep, slick ramps, and from dirt ramps and we have not any reports of any issues with this application.

People purchase the Aussie Locker to enable them to pull their boats out of the water on steep, slick ramps, and from dirt ramps and we have not any reports of any issues with this application.

x2
My old man had a really tight positraction in the back of his 455, TBI-equipped Pontiac Lemans. The thing had over 550 ft-lbs of torque and he wasn't kind to it - no problems towing the boat out of the water or down the highway at 80 miles an hour. No axles breaking or tire squeel. Towing with LSD / Autolocker should be just fine.

and to think I waited so long for this that I put in a ford 8.8 in place of the 29spline

ahh Ok I know under power on turns it wants to lock up. I can see myself with a hevy load puttin lots of stress on the axle and something is gonna give.. if the tires dont break usualy an axle shaft will.

I'd say pulling a boat is less stressful than the way most of us wheel.

It would help a lot for slick boat ramps.

And I'd say a lot of axle shafts break due to a shock load, such as a sudden throttle input on a wheel with gobs of traction.

I want an aussie!!

:loveu:

I've pulled my 4500lb camper with my XJ. I've got a Lock Right in the rear and I've got 27 spline axles. I didn't have any problems (other than the engine getting a little hot).

Back