• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Army Jeep found in the Desert

I'm betting Dubai. People in Dubai love spending money on pointless crap.

Lol what do I win?? I guess JP is good for something.

JP Mag said:
Spy Photos: Ginormous Jeep Spotted in Dubai
Reader Paul Wade sent us these snaps. If you look closely behind the grille you can see there is an engine, steering wheel, front bumper, air cleaner, axles, brakes, and steering components. Might be based off an old military 2 1/2-ton truck. It looks as though this thing is going to actually drive when it's done! The operator will peer through the slats in the grille! I suspect they built the body using the smaller Jeep tub to the left as a model and slapped it on a large quarry truck of some sort and set it rolling on what look like aircraft tires. Wild. I would love to see this thing in person and, gawd, to drive it would simply be awesome. Sooo, Sheik whoever-you-are that is having this thing built, please send your private jet to pick me up. I've got my camera and I'm ready to go.-John Cappa

Surprise Mr. Cappa was wrong it's actually south of Abu Dhabi.

I'm wondering if it's the prince with the 4/1 scale Power Wagon that was built around 20 years ago.

It is

Emirates National Auto Museum There site blows though.

Back