• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are you Serious? What is the deal?

[Rant]
Why do companies feel like they can steal pictures and/or descriptions from other Offroad stores and use as their own? A customer sent us a link to the newest round of the ol' copy cat.

Our 1 Ton steering blurb:
"Looking to upgrade your stock Jeep steering? Is your lifted Jeep having alignment problems? With our cross-over steering upgrade, you eliminate the hard to adjust "Y" stock steering, it allows for a longer drag link to help with your steering angles, and most importantly gives you heavy duty steering that will take a beating and hold up to the off-road abuse."

First Paragraph here:
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1TNST&Category_Code=S6

Their 1 ton steering blurb (I mean rugged ridge steering kit):
"Looking to upgrade your stock Jeep steering? Is your lifted Jeep having alignment problems? With our Jeep 1 ton steering upgrade, you eliminate the hard to adjust "Y" stock steering, it allows for a longer drag link to help with your steering angles, and most importantly gives you heavy duty steering that will take a beating and hold up to the off-road abuse"

link:
http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/in..._id=16&zenid=5e97dc651bf9849b4fa5cc68d34160a8

Man this crap is getting old! [/EndRant]

I don't see it. Pix are different and so it the copy.

I don't do business with either entity, so I am a bit impartial. Business is business, it is a competition. Protect yourself via copywright of your copy and images. Few ideas in this world are unique, though we'd like to believe so. This is especially true in the Off-Road Specialy business where anyone with a plasma cutter and a welder can make a suspension part, put it on the web and sell it. You will make your reputation by selling a quality product, at a good price, and delivering outstanding customer service. You will not improve on that reputation by calling out another business on a Public Forum. If you truely believe this guy has done you a wrong turn while conducting his business, take him to court.

but this looks familiar too, and i'm pretty sure it's not mfg by motion

http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/in..._id=56&zenid=5e97dc651bf9849b4fa5cc68d34160a8

Ron, earlier today the write up for the steering was word for word identical to the description JCR has up. This guy is constantly claim jumping others work, photos, design, and the like. He once claimed to be manufacturing a supercharger kit, but the photos he posted were cropped images from a larger picture from another manufacturer. The guy is a slimeball.

Last edited:
these things happen! I couple years a go I was selling Canadian Impreza wrx sti floormats to the U.s.(IDKW but n/a down there) and my picture I took of the mats on white plastic ended up on almost every other site selling them. what do you do?

but this looks familiar too, and i'm pretty sure it's not mfg by motion

http://motionoffroad.com/catalog/in..._id=56&zenid=5e97dc651bf9849b4fa5cc68d34160a8

Ron, earlier today the write up for the steering was word for word identical to the description JCR has up. This guy is constantly claim jumping others work, photos, design, and the like. He once claimed to be manufacturing a supercharger kit, but the photos he posted were cropped images from a larger picture from another manufacturer. The guy is a slimeball.

That he changed the wording, certainly crossed my mind.
You get all sorts in business, some folks are as clean as the driven snow, and some as clean as a the ground in a feedlot. Still, you need to roll with this stuff if you intend to stay in business.

Yah, that certainly appears to be an Omix-Ada/Rugged Ridge product. Omix-Ada sells to anyone, they are a wholesaler.

As mentioned, the only way you can protect yourself is to copyright your copy and images. Watermarks were suggested, and that is an excellent solution. I see JCR is using just that on the example link.

Last edited:
There are numerous threads about this guy doing the same shit on numerous forums. Regardless of whether or not JCR has taken every step possible to combat it, the guy is still a douche. He doesn't do the work, doesn't fab the parts, just relabels a part, marks up the price, and claims it's his own handiwork- that's just not right.

There are numerous threads about this guy doing the same shit on numerous forums. Regardless of whether or not JCR has taken every step possible to combat it, the guy is still a douche. He doesn't do the work, doesn't fab the parts, just relabels a part, marks up the price, and claims it's his own handiwork- that's just not right.

Hit the nail on the head with that post.

He's a Douche.....and I'm talkin' the cheap stuff too. Non-flavored douche.

For the record (if it hasn't been mentioned already) this is the same guy that runs www.greatlakesxj.com

Last edited:
With alot of large companies, omixada for example, don't follow along enough to care. Their kits sell off their shelfs and they could care less after that. Other companies may not relieze that he is rebadging stuff.

I do writing on the web, and I come across this ALL the time. Some tools just want to capitalize on the hard work of others, and sit back to collect some coin.

If it's any consolation, it usually doesn't work, and these jerkoffs end up either getting sued or boycotted, or both. It's sad, it's disgusting, and it's a big problem, but if your stuff is properly Copyrighted, as mentioned before, things will go a bit smoother. :)

Its not limited to the Motion Offroad website, even in posts to forums his words have been heavily borrowed from competitor's websites. The last post from this thread (its not very long), specifically the last paragraph:
http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10548

Then read the note about patience from Kevin's Offroad:
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

The guys over at Comancheclub rave about his stuff.
I've never wanted to point out what i posted above on comanche club because of reactions like this:
http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12106

That sucks, at least he changed the description. I was just looking on their sight and wondering how there 1 ton steering system is 100% bolt on with no need to ream the knuckles?

Also, it appears they changed their site. The last time I looked they were using one of my pictures I posted for their "Recovery gear" section.

I can't believe comanche club just blow it off like that. Even going so far as to tell you to shut up about it while they cream themselves talking good about this guy. It is illegal to plagarize, you don't have to officially copyright your stuff. If you publish it. i.e put it on the web, it is protected by law.

I used to co-manage a small Jeep parts website, so I know how difficult it can be for a mom-n-pop organization to stay above water, but the way Motion claims other manufacturer's products to be their own is uncalled for. All we were was a distributor for RE, Randy's R&P, etc, but at least we clearly stated whose parts they were.

I would help just about anyone on the trail (reference the WinterFest idiots in the YJ) but this guy is on the black list. I think he has enough of his own disciples to get him out of anything though :rolleyes:

I don't see it. Pix are different and so it the copy.

I don't do business with either entity, so I am a bit impartial. Business is business, it is a competition. Protect yourself via copywright of your copy and images. Few ideas in this world are unique, though we'd like to believe so. This is especially true in the Off-Road Specialy business where anyone with a plasma cutter and a welder can make a suspension part, put it on the web and sell it. You will make your reputation by selling a quality product, at a good price, and delivering outstanding customer service. You will not improve on that reputation by calling out another business on a Public Forum. If you truely believe this guy has done you a wrong turn while conducting his business, take him to court.

Nominated! what's that 10 or 11 now:twak:

why are these guys wholesaling to motionoffroad, when they know its gonna get reboxed and rebranded as his own stuff? money must be that good!

Back