• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyway to intall dual stabilizers

The avitar is on there because thats the closest to what I have and I didnt have any pics of mine up yet.

I mostly play in the mud, and some light trail riding. I DD my XJ and take it on Vacations. So I dont wanna get to tradical right now until the wife gets her a new SUV, then I can turn it into a "RIG". LOL.

This is a concern of mine as well. I just got 33's and an alignment with everything checked in the front. But on the highway it tends to sway back and forth easily, and im worried about the steering. The other day it was windy out and I had a hard time controlling it on the highway going 60. Any advice as what to do. I have a pro-comp stableizer. I have heard the RS5000's are stiffer, but I wanted to know everyones opinion on what I should do.

BLKXJ33 said:
This is a concern of mine as well. I just got 33's and an alignment with everything checked in the front. But on the highway it tends to sway back and forth easily, and im worried about the steering. The other day it was windy out and I had a hard time controlling it on the highway going 60. Any advice as what to do. I have a pro-comp stableizer. I have heard the RS5000's are stiffer, but I wanted to know everyones opinion on what I should do.

I had this exact same problem. I suspected it was my rubber sway bar bushings (slightly worn), my cheap shocks, or a combination of the two. I swapped the rubber sway bar bushings for poly to see if it would help (because it was cheaper than four shocks). The poly did help stiffen the side to side roll some. They are also noiser than rubber.

A lot has to do with the individual suspension. Some lifts are stiff riding, helping to ride better on pavement, but not as nice for off road. Some are soft, which makes them flex better off road, but may have bad body roll on the pavement. Mines soft, so it has some body roll on pavement. The 6" lift does'nt help the COG any either. This spring I plan to install some good quality shocks, in hopes that it tightens things up a little more.

Steering stablizers help to dampen the shock/vibrations to the drivers hands that travels through the steering column. As a couple of people on this thread have said. White knuckled at 40mph on desert washboards is what steering stabalizers are designed for, not body roll. Body roll is controlled by spring rates, shocks, type of suspension bushings, type of tires, tire pressure vehicle wieght, COG etc.... All have to be factored into a suspension to give the proper ride you are seeking.

Do some research. If you have any questions, ask them right here on NAXJA. There is a ton of wealthy knowledge on this forum. Good luck.

Back