• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone play Battlefield 2 on PC? Punkbuster question..

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a pop-up that says "blocked OS privleges 508:430." It's basically saying that i'm not allowing Punkbuster to access my system. I've already setup my firewall to allow BF2 related programs to have automatic access to the internet (both ways). This is all i've ever done in the past (yesterday was my first time playing in six months). I also tried by shutting off my firewall completely....still getting the same alert. I was able to play just fine for about 1 hr last night..then this started up. Any ideas? Thanks.

John

Does happen on more than 1 server?

We had that issue with our COD2 server and it turned out to be the PB file on the server was out of date, and auto update was not working thru the server.

Try going to the Evenbalance site and following thier directions for PB updates.

Rev

Thanks for the reply Rev. I went all the way through the instructions on evenbalance. It happens on all servers. I had the problem solved for a few hours and it started right back up again. I even get this PB related error when i turn off punkbuster and go into a non-PB server...that one's beyond me.

No matter what i do (i've set system restore points when everything's working properly), there seems to be no way to get this to operate correctly for more than a few hours.

It seems to be an issue of my computer having a mind of it's own, and the software patches doing whatever it is they do. It'll work one minute and not the next. More than a couple of my friends have similar issues with this game to some degree or another.

This game is a blast to play, but for every hour online, i'm spending AT LEAST three trying to correct issues to allow me to get back online. I've even uninstalled all BF2 software to start from scratch, then installed everything all over again...that has the same effect. Works for a bit, then stops working. I guess i'll take another stab at it next weekend. Thanks for the help.

John

Back