• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone need fab work done?

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I just started my winter break from college, and my usual employer is too slow to need any extra help from me while I'm off, so I will have a good bit of time to do side jobs and the like over the next few weeks.

Does anybody need fab work done? I have most of the tools required to do most jobs.

I have experience with:
Bumpers
Sliders
Armor
Roll cages
3 link front suspensions (or radius arms)
General welding
And a lot of other stuff.

I can use Solidworks 3D CAD software and have access to a CNC plasma table.

Or does anybody have some old broken vehicle laying around that they'd sell cheap? Wouldn't mind having a project car to troubleshoot and flip.

Just trying to make a buck or two to have a few extra in my pocket during my next/final semester in college.

Best location for work would be Sacramento.

Any interest?

Last edited:
1989 4.0L, all stock, West Sac.

Replace rear main seal and valve cover gasket.

Have gaskets and seal and RTV, labor only. In a garage.

Price?

I have a ruffstuff traction bar kit for mumbo jumbo the big red beast.

I have welding gear and everything. I would pay you to weld it up and install it

Im not sure if you can post up services with out being a vendor ? You might want to look into it. I am going to. If you don't have to be a vendor to post up services I have a friend that would totally post up on here.

Im not sure if you can post up services with out being a vendor ? You might want to look into it. I am going to. If you don't have to be a vendor to post up services I have a friend that would totally post up on here.

A long time member posting up something like this as a one time deal shouldn't be an issue. Anything beyond that would require vendor status and their commercial posts would be limited to the vendor forums.

Good thats what I figured but wanted to make sure.

Want to install my sye and replace my flex plate? Haha

I'd be interested, but you are a little far away... If you're serious about it we might be able to figure something out though.

1989 4.0L, all stock, West Sac.

Replace rear main seal and valve cover gasket.

Have gaskets and seal and RTV, labor only. In a garage.

Price?

He doesn't seem to be desperate enough to do maintenance. Fabrication is the fun part.

I'm not totally against doing maintenance. I tend to shy away from that stuff due to the many liability concerns that are associated with repairs. But what do you say we get a quote from a reputable local auto shop (my mind goes to University Automotive), cut the labor costs in half and go from there?

I have a ruffstuff traction bar kit for mumbo jumbo the big red beast.

I have welding gear and everything. I would pay you to weld it up and install it

Jon, I'm interested. I'll contact you.

Sorry about the delayed responses. Christmas happened and then I left right away for a trip to SoCal.

Also, I would prefer to do any work in my own garage with my tools and all that. If that's a problem, let me know and we will talk

I've got a leaky front axle and pinion seal that need replacing. I haven't tore into a front axle before so I'm mostly looking for assistance. Let me know what you think as far as price. I have all the parts already

I've got a leaky sewer line that needs attention. Let me know how much to dig out the... "dirty" dirt and then fix the waste line that is wasted.
Thanks.

How much you charge to assist me to install my 4.88s into my d44?
I don't know gears well enough to feel comfortable assisting someone else with theirs. Id be fine doing my own, but not somebody else's at this time.

I've got a leaky front axle and pinion seal that need replacing. I haven't tore into a front axle before so I'm mostly looking for assistance. Let me know what you think as far as price. I have all the parts already

See the last few sentences of this post regarding automotive work. However if you just want me looking over your shoulder, head on up to Sacramento with some beer or food and ill lend a hand from over your shoulder.

I've got a leaky sewer line that needs attention. Let me know how much to dig out the... "dirty" dirt and then fix the waste line that is wasted.
Thanks.

bahahah I appreciate the offer, but i think Ill stick with non-sewer based projects for now :p

i got leaves that need to be raked and a lawn that could be mowed

I'm actually not opposed to this if you're serious. Maybe once the rain lets up? Maybe I should mow my own lawn too haha

I am going to go ahead and shy away from auto repair work right now, simply because I only have a few weeks until I start school and I will not be able to warranty my work or faulty parts once I hit the books again. Fabrication is fair game though. I have a few projects lined up but have room for a few more!

Back