• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here running stock control arms with drop brackets and ~4.5" of lift?

me and a buddy were watching him. we had a bet on when the axle would come out from under the jeep. the way it was moving around i have a hard time beliveing he made it out under his own power. there seems to be enough ppl here running them w/o problems so that is a good thing. its alot better then having bad link angles.

ive been running RC bd's for 4 months or so now and love them, great flex, great ride and not even one complaint i can think of. im on rc lowers and stock uppers at 6" lift

I've been running RC drop brackets for over 3 years now. Never had a problem. I actually didn't even have the reinforcement brackets bolted to the frame. They were just on there. That was until just a few weeks ago anyways, when I welded the brackets to the frame. Never liked the sound of drilling holes into the unibody for four self tapping bolts that are going to be sustaining a lot of force. Maybe I'm just underestimating the thickness and strength of the unibody, but I'd rather be safe then sorry. So I just waited till I felt my welding skills were up to par, so I could be confident in the strength instead of having some ugly welds and no actual holding power.

Get great flex and haven't had a ground clearance issue yet. I don't really see any issues to come either. I figured if they ever did get hit, I would rather it be them instead of the actual arm itself. It's probably not gonna even harm the bracket. Apparently hitting the long arms isn't an issue either though, because I don't recall ever hearing anyone mention doing it before.

I first ran the DB's with stock arms. It rode so nice and I promised myself I wouldn't upgrade.

And like everyone else, I broke that promise. I got Iron man upper adjustable arms and then RC's lower flex arms. The ride became a little rougher but was still decent. The stock arms and stock bushings DO give the best ride quality. If you are gonna wheel it, then there's no sense in going back to stock arms.

Back