• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone heard from 5-90 lately?

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone heard from member 5-90 lately?

I had communicated with him in early to mid October and then sent paypal for his really nice battery cables, but haven't received them or heard from him in a while.

I sent a few follow up emails weeks later but haven't received a response.

I'm not concerned about the money, as I've bought from him before and he is a reliable guy with a good product. I hope Jon is okay and just busy...I also noticed he hasn't been active on here since that time, too.

Hope he is well...

only contact i have is his naxja email addy, thought I had his number in the book.

Paging Jon, hello? is this thing on?

Now that you mention it, it has been fairly 5-90 quiet around here...
I see he's gone black ( I thought he was a Member) and hasn't been around since August.

I wonder if he's OK.

Last edited:
He surfaces on Facebook every now and again. I know he's been through the wringer a bit in the past couple years, that's probably why his activity here has dropped.

I've PM'd him a few times with no response, once asking for random XJ help (he's always been insanely helpful) and another asking about having some wires made.

Hope he gets through whatever tough times he's having, seems like a great guy from my experiences.

5-90 has always been a stand up guy so something has to have gone wrong. If you need some $ to get some other cables, I can probably help. It is the least I can do for all the support 5-90 has given over the years.

At one time or another almost all of us have had a streak of hard times, either financial or physical. I certainly have been there and back on both accounts.

Yeah, you have to visit his Web site and e-mail him directly. I've been talking to him over the last couple of days via E-mail and he seems to answer when he gets to visiting the library.

From thatxjguy's build thread ...

Out of respect for Jon and his personal matters, should we consider not speculating on what his current physical/fiscal situation may be? Plenty of people have reached out to him by now and if he chooses, he can come set the record straight. I just don't think it's our place to say one way or other unless he requests that of someone who has spoken with him.

Out of respect for Jon and his personal matters, should we consider not speculating on what his current physical/fiscal situation may be? Plenty of people have reached out to him by now and if he chooses, he can come set the record straight. I just don't think it's our place to say one way or other unless he requests that of someone who has spoken with him.

:wstupid: the aggie agrees with the longhorn.

I did receive a response today. Seemingly some email updating glitches & some of what was said above. He was as kind as usual and is taking care of me when he catches up. Color me satisfied...and just glad to hear he's ok.

If anyone is in contact with him, let him know we are here for him. If there is anything we as a community can do for him, it should be done. He has always been the first one to step up to help the rest of us....

Hope things get better for him.

Back