• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a pop-up tent trailer?

The 3500# wont be an issue getting going just add some brakes when you buy it, and add a cooler.

I tow a 3100# bass boat with my Heep all the time in the Blue Ridge Mts with no issues.
jeepboatsideview2lr.jpg

Well we bought one!! Wooo Hooo! :party:

We got a 2005 Jayco Baja 10Z. Its "used", but only once...the tires still have the fingers (for lack of a better word) on them. Its frikin sweet, 16' long travel length, ~24" of ground clearance on the sides, 275/75/15 MudTerrain tires, electric brakes, kitchen, king/queen bed, etc. We pick it up this Friday and hopefully get to go down to Pismo next weekend in it....cant wait!

Here's some pictures of what it looks like.

RV.jpg

inside view

RV2.jpg

I actually saw one of those this past weekend at an Outdoor show. They set up WAY FAST. The reason I didnt like them is there is no heater or A/C (I'm a wimp), running water (or water storage), and you have to cook outside.

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet looking Joe. Congratulations. I know right where I'd park that sucker for the summer.

Thanks. :)
I have a pretty good idea of places where I'm gonna be parking this thing...I cant wait. I hate the weather where I live in the summer (110+ sometimes), I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the weekends above 5000' here in the Sierras where the weather is in the 80's at most.

JoesXJ said:
Well we bought one!! Wooo Hooo! :party:

We got a 2005 Jayco Baja 10Z. Its "used", but only once...the tires still have the fingers (for lack of a better word) on them. Its frikin sweet, 16' long travel length, ~24" of ground clearance on the sides, 275/75/15 MudTerrain tires, electric brakes, kitchen, king/queen bed, etc. We pick it up this Friday and hopefully get to go down to Pismo next weekend in it....cant wait!

Here's some pictures of what it looks like.

RV.jpg

inside view

RV2.jpg

Thats on our wish list too.... saw one at a local dealer and drooled all over it... just gotta sell the big trailer!

Ive towed my pop up once with my XJ, on the way to the camp and back I had the pop up get really out of control. I can see the A/C through the RV mirror, well when i say out of control I could see the A/C in the side mirror only, and then I felt it start to pull the rear of the jeep around. Scared the crap out of me and my buddy following. I think it was caused because it was sitting at a anlge not flat like it should be. And for all the smart *#@, I was not speeding or driving stupid.
Im going to change a few things and see what happends the end of the next month

Level trailers tow better.

But probably MORE important is making sure you have the right amount of tongue weight.

xrayjeeper83 said:
Wow how much do those springs sag now LOL

I usually back more weight to the rear of the trailer so not to have much tongue weight

Andrew

Too big a percentage of trailer weight in the back will make it squirrely to tow. You want the majority of the weight on or just forward of the trailer's axle. Bad tires on the trailer (or tow vehicle) will also cause you problems. You might also look into towing stabilizers if you have a heavier trailer and your springs aren't to squishy.

Thanks for all the info yall, Hopefully i can get my durango set up for towing and just sell the Pop-up and get a trailer and just tow the jeep and use a tent

Andrew

Back