• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have a black xj with chrome grille?

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i have been looking for picks of a 97 or newer style xj that is black with a chrome grille for a while now. i finally am braking down and requesting pics.... sorry:eeks1:. but yeah, i'm thinking of going with that style for my new rig. i want it to be totally black from front to back but have the chrome grille and headlight surround. if anyone has pics i would appreciate it.

I tried that look on my 2000 Sport (all black), and decided that I didn't like it. I've got the grill and headlight bezels sitting in my garage. PM me if your interested.....Sorry no pic's

bloodtype_jeep said:
I tried that look on my 2000 Sport (all black), and decided that I didn't like it. I've got the grill and headlight bezels sitting in my garage. PM me if your interested.....Sorry no pic's
you have the chrome grille and bezels? i would take them of your hands but i don't know if i trust the US postal service enough to ship such brakeable plastic parts????

I have a black 98 and a white 97. The 97 has the chrome grille, just out of curiostiy, I put the chrome grille on the black XJ. Keep it all black, looks better, chrome stands out way too much. Looks blingy H3. I agree on the stealthy look.

Google image search yeilds

2001_cherokee_history.jpg

Blaine B. said:
All black looks awesome on a larger SUV like a Tahoe, Suburban, or equilavent...looks like a Government vehicle.

The black/chrome and D-rings on racing wheels and Mickey's looks like a government vehicle?????

...and bushwhackers!!

Which goverment??

:roflmao: :laugh:

P.S. That is one of the sweetest looking XJ's I've seen. Clear corners, chrome, black on black matte bushwackers. Trail Rated Logo did not go unnoticed. Nice.

Last edited:
This is as close as I can give you, black out the bumper, hood ornament, and windshield trim; you're there. This was back when my 1990 was more than a sitting shell. This was a 1990 with a 97+ header panel, chrome grille, etc...
Picture016.jpg

mitsumotors said:
you have the chrome grille and bezels? i would take them of your hands but i don't know if i trust the US postal service enough to ship such brakeable plastic parts????

They were shipped to me... Big box, lots of bubble wrap. If you want to pay full price you can find them on Ebay. I just want them gone, they're taking up space in the garage

bloodtype_jeep said:
They were shipped to me... Big box, lots of bubble wrap. If you want to pay full price you can find them on Ebay. I just want them gone, they're taking up space in the garage

How much do you want for them???

This is as close as I can give you, black out the bumper, hood ornament, and windshield trim; you're there. This was back when my 1990 was more than a sitting shell. This was a 1990 with a 97+ header panel, chrome grille, etc...
Picture016.jpg

That's exactly what I'm trying to do w. my 91 MJ. Put on the 97+ clip, grille, and fenders and retain the original bumper and fender flares if possible. But my only concern is the gap between the bumper end caps and the new fenders because the 97+ fenders do not extend down as far as the older fenders. Do you possibly have a side view? Any suggestions? Thanks

Back