• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone experienced with zip locker install?

crazymaci

NAXJA Forum User
So I have my dana 30 high pinion and dana 44 off to my buddy's shop getting built, and he calls me over to look at the way the bearing is only sitting in half of the cap. He called Randy's ring and pinion for help, and they said its right and they send them out like this all the time. You see in the pic how the bearing is pushed out of the cap the same distance as the air actuated thingy? Doesn't seem right. Is this why it comes with a two year warranty parts and labor? Who out there has dealt with this and was this your result?

As I recall my stock Dana 30 carrier was kinda offset like that too.... I thought it was strange but I know my gear guy knows what he's doing so I didn't think much of it...

I couldn't find any pics anywhere, my guy mostly builds race car axles and such, and he's trustworthy. He shimmed it over as far as he could. He said ARB has the actuator on the other side of the cap so you get the full bearing enclosed. I hope that doesn't put to much stress on the bearing

I'm pretty sure thats how ours looks in HP60 too.

I can guarantee you that you won't be harder on it than we are, so its probably fine...

I probally wont beat it to hard ,yet, i got the package deal from rwkhause;), thanks guys i can sleep easier knowing its normal

Back