• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else running these wheels?

TunaSoda

NAXJA Forum User
Cragar Series 365

Just wondering if anyone ran these, just ordered some and I like the look better than the soft 8's (about the same price)

I got 15x8's in 4"bs for my 33/12.5's

88542-lg.jpg

Still running stock aluminum, but those look nice and don't have the gay stripes that the A.R. wheels have on their black steelies.

91Woody said:
Still running stock aluminum, but those look nice and don't have the gay stripes that the A.R. wheels have on their black steelies.

Yeah, I hate those stripes too!

and these are only $36.99 each :D
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92602_4XX_B_PG.htm

I have two of them right now, I'm going to do a test mount first to be sure the calipers are cleared, but I'm not worried about it

How thick is the steel they are made from. I have had black rock crawlers and they were thick and didn't bend easily. I have also had black wheels I got from More Slob "Les Schwab" and they were thin and bent so easily. Make sure they are not real thin like trailer wheels!

jeepboy381 said:
How thick is the steel they are made from. I have had black rock crawlers and they were thick and didn't bend easily. I have also had black wheels I got from More Slob "Les Schwab" and they were thin and bent so easily. Make sure they are not real thin like trailer wheels!

I'm not sure off-hand, but they look to be the same thickness as my American Racing D-Windows, definately quality rims

I've had them on mine for a few months. Wheeled them a few times too, no dents or anything and that was with me aired down to 12 psi or so. I bought them just to have a different looking black wheel and they are cheap to boot. They ain't light, that's for sure.

i have the cragar d-windows, and the only downside (but true of all steelies) is that they are heavy. no issues so far that i can see had them for about a year and a half, and shoot of one does go bad, buy another one for 36 bucks. and unfortunatly mine do have the gay ass stripes.......

I ran the Cragar soft 8's on my 88. They looked good. Wish I would have seen those though. I would think that wheel is lighter than a soft 8 too.

I think this is why they call them "soft" 8's......

IMG_3420.jpg

It still held air though.

Back