• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone done dakan lately?

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
we tried to run it today but I have no CLUE where we ended up.

We turned on dakan, went up the paved section, climbed up the hills on the nice smooth dirt road, and when we got to the top it came to a 4 way intersection, straight was closed off with a gate so we went right, which wound around awhile, then got quite a bit rougher than any of the photos i've seen, then we went past a funky house built out of scrap (looked like a creepy meth lab...) then crossed the creek, then came back on a smooth road through some houses and wyed into jackson creek road.

did not pass the stones pictured or the camp grounds. Did find some nice, really washed out rough trail though, wish I had remembered the camera.

Is the trail closed for the season at that 4 way intersection??

where is dakan at? don't know if I've ever heard of this trail before.

I thought he was talking about the dakar in africa or what ever at first.

WOW I can't belive I never heard of this one. well you can teach and old dog new tricks.

I completed Dakan Road almost 3 weeks ago. Was a really nice trail, easy. Bunch of camping spots as well.

Few photos:

DSC04547.jpg

DSC04548.jpg

DSC04551.jpg

so, do you remember the intersection I speak of? Because I saw NOTHING that you have pictures of and was on a rougher washed out trail.I'd sure like to know where I ended up. Guess a forest service map would help if I had one :p

Last edited:
Yes, I remember the intersection that you speak of. Instead of going right, we went left and that's what lead to the trail. I don't remember going past any funky houses.

xj² said:
Yes, I remember the intersection that you speak of. Instead of going right, we went left and that's what lead to the trail. I don't remember going past any funky houses.

figures.

I don't recall any mention of it in the directions :flame:

well, for a short trail try the right path, it's pretty washed out and apears to be used mostly by ATVs

anyone up for the real trail tomorrow? Maybe I should make a new thread since it's buried in here. Oh well.

for s+g's we could run the real dakan, then circle around and run the trail I did yesterday

Phillip- where do you live?? I live in Castle Rock and have wanted to run daken but dont have anyone to go with. We should try and get together to run it sometime.

Im new around this forum but if you guys decide to go up dakan shoot me a pm id like to join been up it a few times. I also am in castle rock.

Back