• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone actually use their MT/R warranty?

Remember Walmart and Sam's club. You get the warranty included with the $9.76 mount and balance. I cut a sidewall on an MT/R outside of Telluride CO and the Sam's Club didn't even blink on the replacement.

Here are all the features Walmart offers for only $9.76 per tire:

Mounting and Installation
We'll mount the tire on your wheel and install it on your vehicle.

Install New Valve Stem
If a problem develops with your valve stem, we will fix it at no charge.

Lifetime Balancing and Rotation
We will rotate and balance your tires every 6,000 miles at no charge for the life of the tires.

Road Hazard Warranty
Flat repair for the life of the tire at no charge or tire replacement if it cannot be repaired.*

*If the problem can't be fixed, you will receive a brand-new replacement tire at no charge if the tire has less than 25% tread wear. If there is more than 25% wear, we will replace the tire and prorate the difference based on the amount of tread left.

I agree Sam's/Wal Mart has a good warranty, but they have a policy that they can not mount a 12.50 wide tire on a 8" rim only a 10". I believe the max diff between the tire and rim can be 2.5".
Troy

Jes said:
Do I think the Goodyears have weak sidewalls compared to other tires? No. I'd likely go through just as many Claws, PJ's, Swampers, or BFG radial tires. Just something that happens when you play in the rocks a lot.

Maybe so, you run them, I run PJ's. I only play in rocks and ours are just as sharp as JV, never had any problems.

Weasel said:
Maybe so, you run them, I run PJ's. I only play in rocks and ours are just as sharp as JV, never had any problems.

Wow, I had no idea that you had a rig capable of running the trails in JV. What trails did you run?

Oh, and for the record, I've only cut one tire in JV. 2 were cut in Colorado and I cut another one in Arizona.

Last edited:
I'm not trying or going to get into a pissing contest with you about who wheels the hardest trails or most capable rigs. And for as what I run, I'm open/open on 31's and wheel 4 trails. The rocks on the less difficult trails(3+,4,4+) are just as sharp as the ones on the hard trails(5,5+) so I fail to see how rig capability has anything to do with how many tires you cut.

Back to the subject, my point was ,that I feel the MTR sidewalls are weak based on listening to those that do/have run them, like Jason Paule, and from the cut tires seen.

Jason also wheels here so you can be sure the trails are tough enough. If you ever get the chance to come up, please do. Not alot of people think of the Black Hills as extreme, but there are some very nasty trails. DTC is every year during the last weekend of August.

did I miss anything?

Paul S said:
Rocks... I lost 5 at the Hammers in the past 4 months & 1 in Montrose last Spring. I guess that would make the total 6.

Paul

Wow, how could that be possible? Americas Tire warranty is defiantly the best. However, with that much carnage in so little time indicates a driver’s ed course may be in order. Harry and Mr. someone will for sure be able to show you their approved methods of 4wheeling.

Side note for Weasl.
I have been running the same set of MTR's without loosing one for about two and a half years and yes, I do drive in the rox from time to time.

Last edited:
gto said:
Wow, how could that be possible? Americas Tire warranty is defiantly the best. However, with that much carnage in so little time indicates a driver’s edd course may be in order. Harry and Mr. someone will for sure be able to show you their approved methods of 4wheeling.

Would that be right down the hall from spellers edd?
:laugh2:

Weasel said:
I only play in rocks and ours are just as sharp as JV, never had any problems.

So this is opinion, not experience?

I'm not trying or going to get into a pissing contest with you about who wheels the hardest trails or most capable rigs. And for as what I run, I'm open/open on 31's and wheel 4 trails. The rocks on the less difficult trails(3+,4,4+) are just as sharp as the ones on the hard trails(5,5+) so I fail to see how rig capability has anything to do with how many tires you cut.

Back to the subject, my point was ,that I feel the MTR sidewalls are weak based on listening to those that do/have run them, like Jason Paule, and from the cut tires seen.

Jason also wheels here so you can be sure the trails are tough enough. If you ever get the chance to come up, please do. Not alot of people think of the Black Hills as extreme, but there are some very nasty trails. DTC is every year during the last weekend of August.

did I miss anything?

I'd say capability has a lot to do with how many tires you cut, if you're locked on both ends you're a lot more likely to be pushing the envelope of what your equipment is capable of and that includes the tires you're running. Also how often you wheel has a lot to do with it, you can't even read any writing on the sidewalls of a couple of my tires since the rubber is so worn away.
Again I say, I'd likely go through just as many Claws, PJ's, Swampers, or BFG radial tires. Just something that happens when you play in the rocks a lot.

ok, I see your point for being locked, but I push mine as hard as I can. Atleast for where I am at buildwise.

And likewise you have no expirence to say the rocks here aren't, only opinions? I feel I can take the word of someone like Jason to get this info from, yes?

Geez, I need to go do something, can't belive I'm discusiing who has the sharpest rocks.

i once saw a rock here in louisiana, it wasnt sharp though. Might have been brought over from somewhere else

Weasel said:
ok, I see your point for being locked, but I push mine as hard as I can. Atleast for where I am at buildwise.

And likewise you have no expirence to say the rocks here aren't, only opinions? I feel I can take the word of someone like Jason to get this info from, yes?

Geez, I need to go do something, can't belive I'm discusiing who has the sharpest rocks.

When did I ever mention shap rocks or wheather or not the rocks out here are sharper than out there?! :huh:

gto said:
Wow, how could that be possible? Americas Tire warranty is defiantly the best. However, with that much carnage in so little time indicates a driver’s ed course may be in order. Harry and Mr. someone will for sure be able to show you their approved methods of 4wheeling.

Side note for Weasl.
I have been running the same set of MTR's without loosing one for about two and a half years and yes, I do drive in the rox from time to time.

Maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal on that drivers ed class. I'm sure 2 broken axle housings in as many weeks qualifies you :laugh3:
BTW, what trails were you running when you broke those housings? I Mean, I know the Hammers are tough on junk, but that's some serious carnage :wave:
Paul

Damn, I just realized who "gto" is.
Paul, you could definately learn a thing or two from Mr. someone. :D

Jes said:
When did I ever mention shap rocks or wheather or not the rocks out here are sharper than out there?! :huh:

That's kinda what I was wondering.

The point is you could be running the same tire on the same rocks, and locked will cut more tires than open. Saying PJ's are better because you haven't cut and tire but Jes has cut 4 is, well, dumb. By that logic, I think we should all run the Walmart Special Goodyear Viva 2's I'm running on my DD. In my line of work you can bet I push it to it's limit for how it's setup. I haven't cut a tire yet.

Well, I managed to cut two MT/R's last weekend, within the span of about 1 hour.

The first one was a rear tire that was probably 50% worn and pretty beat up. I opened up a previous cut in the sidewall. So I proceeded to put on my spare, which was a BRAND NEW MT/R. Never had touched the ground before that day.

We finished one trail, and went to play on another, where I cut the brand new tire right open. Climbing a ledge with all the weight on that rear tire and it was pinched against a semi sharp rock.

At least i could have cut one of my other tires and not the new one.

Almost $90 later, and I had 2 new 35" mt/r's (with warranty, of course)

Oh ya, thats with a spool.

Rick

Back