• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Vets on here?

i should have said this. what he does puke up looks like foam. so he is digesting the food but hes just not interested in it

Another odd thing you can do is photograph the puke. haha yea I know

My dad's dog likes to chew sticks. Well she scratched her colon wall, or something, from swallowing to many splinters. The puke looked funny so I took a pic, brought the camera to the Vet with me. He was examining her and I showed him the pic. Right away he asked if she chewed on sticks.

He loves sticks. that could be a high possibility. just some antibiotics and it fixed her?

I'm not telling you to blow off your Vet, but feeding your dog meat when he has an upset stomach seems odd to me. I try to give mine some raw meat once a week but not when she isn't feel good.
How long has this guy been your Vet?

Try the rice, give it a day or so. If he is keeping it down add a little chopped chicken breast, cooked.

He loves sticks. that could be a high possibility. just some antibiotics and it fixed her?

Yea she was on antibiotics for about a weeks. Her puke wasn't foamy though, it was thick and yellowish. Her diareha(sp) was nasty with a bloody tint to it, from the scratches.

Yea she was on antibiotics for about a weeks. Her puke wasn't foamy though, it was thick and yellowish. Her diareha(sp) was nasty with a bloody tint to it, from the scratches.

well moved here a little over a year ago. this was his first visit due to us moving out of state. mind if i take a pic of his puke and put it on here... its not foamy, but it is thick and very yellowish

trust me im not going to that idiot again. im seriously wondering if he has a license.

I don't care if you post it, can't speak for others though. My brother lives to far away from Portland, Government camp, to get a Vet recommendation but I'm sure you could find a good one on here.

thats not too far, i head up there all the time to do some fishing and hiking up by some lakes there

Yellow vomit is stomach bile. (Stomach acids) Does he try to eat grasses? We have to give my Fiance's dog an acid controller from Wally world due to her being on steroids to survive. Keep in mind the max is about 2 pills a day for a 30lb Beagle.

Another note not related is to keep canned pumpkin on hand. It helps when your dog is constipated.

Sounds like your dog has an ulcer too me,but I'm no vet.

ty guys for all the input

Yellow vomit is stomach bile. (Stomach acids) Does he try to eat grasses? We have to give my Fiance's dog an acid controller from Wally world due to her being on steroids to survive. Keep in mind the max is about 2 pills a day for a 30lb Beagle.

Another note not related is to keep canned pumpkin on hand. It helps when your dog is constipated.

Sounds like your dog has an ulcer too me,but I'm no vet.

he does eat grass but im not seeing any in his puke

Try Yahoo Answers. A few people on there claim to be Vets.

ill check that out thanks

As long as he is pooping it's doubtful it's a blockage. My dogs feel the need to purge on occasion, they eat grass until they puke, often foamy. I always check the puke closely for worms, when they get worms bad they often puke some up. The usual sign is a bloated stomach.
You have to be careful what you feed a dog, they can mostly eat people food, but things like onions, garlic and some others mess them up. Eating the wrong food can screw with their kidneys and cause a chemical imbalance. I've had mine go into mild convulsions, puke and go all sorts of weird eating plants out of the garden. They don't always eat what's good for them.
Check his poop close for blood, rat poison will really screw a dog up.
How are your neighbors? Some zinc mixed into a chunk of meat can kill a dog quick, as will a cable tie folded into a bite sized chunk and fastened with a small piece of cotton string packed in a piece of meat.
Always the chance he ate some food wrappers. A dogs digestive acids are a lot stronger than yours, things like aluminum foil can't be good for them. I have a cat that ate the string out of the trash from a Thanksgiving Turkey, he has never been right since. He eventually passed the string, but it did something to his insides. I have to feed him half a dozen very small meals a day or he pukes, been that way for the last 8 years or more.
Has he had an X-ray? Some things may show up, some may not. I think you can see if his stomach turned, in an X-ray using a contrast medium. X- rays aren't real expensive, at least around here they aren't.
I'm not a vet, but have had around 30 dogs over the years.

Last edited:
your input is awesome. thank you. I knew about the garlic and onions and the obvious chocolate. The neighbors are WONDERFUL. they ask me if my dog can go in their backyard and piss everywhere. they have racoons alot and we dont right next door so they want the scent to scare them away. i did find a piece of foil the other day on the ground and though nothing of it. his puke is clear of worms and havent noticed any blood or worms in his poop. Ill go get x-rays tomorrow and that will give them a idea to look at his insides closer..

he was in the vet all day yesterday, Picked him up last night and he seemed to be doing a little better. They pumped him up with 3 bags of fluids. Today he is in for the same thing. He is still having bad diarhea. Today the blood and fecal tests come in so waiting for the results. first days bill was 1k, today not sure what theyll charge. they also want to see him tomorrow if he doesnt eat his hard food. They think it may be salmon poisioning. If it is so then he can never get it again so thats good. Just waiting for all the results to make a sure decision and get him some antibiotics. Ill keep you posted for those whom are concerned. I thank you all again.. -Matt

He is doing much better. he is not having diarhea anymore or he is not puking anymore. he is holding some solid food down for now but mostly we are feeding chicken and rice and he is loving it. His attitude is back to normal, want to chase the ball and stick again. whatever this vet did it worked. they put a total of 6 bags of fluid in his body and that must have flushed him out. thanks for all the concern guys. i really appreciate it. -Matt

Back