• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any of ya OTR???

ya I can barely run 600 in a day with this new half hour break crap and the limit on the truck. Going Washington to Alabama woulda been nice to knock out another 100 each day.

ya I can barely run 600 in a day with this new half hour break crap and the limit on the truck. Going Washington to Alabama woulda been nice to knock out another 100 each day.

I ran to cascade Idaho and back the other day in 14 hours. It's 740 miles. Granted most of that 14 was driving and if I was running electronic logs it would have never happened.

the cameras thing will be hard for trucks that aren't dropped off daily. I think there will be a privacy issue for sleeper cab trucks and privacy crap. But springs trash company already runs em.(assuming you mean watching driver not the road?)

the cameras thing will be hard for trucks that aren't dropped off daily. I think there will be a privacy issue for sleeper cab trucks and privacy crap. But springs trash company already runs em.(assuming you mean watching driver not the road?)

From what I've read they will be watching the driver while the truck is moving and put the front seeing what the driver sees. They run on a continuous loop and only activate if there is an "incident". If there is an incident it records the last few min.

PTI propane tricks have these now. I was talking to a guy who had to make a really sharp corner coming out of an ally. His tires dropped off a curb and it was enough to set the recorder off. He got written up because he was eating an apple. They said he was distracted and had he not been eating the apple he wouldn't have drove off the curb.

wow. I know I'm new and haven't seen anything yet, but I get a kick when dispatch says stupid crap about how it needs to be done. It's quite clear how none of them have been out here. They send us qcomm messages that we can play through the speakers and get mad when we don't reply within ten minutes. Lol. I asked if they knew my job was to drive and get loads delivered on time, not to do their job. Obviously the wrong response. But hey..

So Was out for about 6 weeks and had been due home for a while. Kept getting put on loads that would get me to Denver terminal then pulled off to do other ones. Kept happening. Then tonight I was dropped here in Omaha, Nebraska and told to enjoy my home time. No load truck had to get turned in to the yard, cant sleep in it, no hotel, nothing. Was told they could get me a bus ticket home but that it would be on my own dime.
So I am in the airport waiting for my flight to Denver. Needless to say I wont be OTR with them anymore. Screw that crap.

Haha no more Otr for right now. I am too burnt out after that. Having to sped a couple hundred bucks on a last minute flight after a 90 buck cap ride has me a bit salty. Gonna find something local for now.
And fwiw England and swift are on the never gonna happen list.

If you decide to go back on the road look up Watkins and Shepard out of Missoula mt.

It's the company I started with. Smaller than the huge guys, good pay. Dry van is a lot less grocery warehouse crap and they are good about home time. Usually two to three days every two weeks. They also have a terminal in Denver.

I'd like to go with Melton as I like flatbed stuff and would like to get into lowboys as ultimately I like to get the driving in a construction environment thing going. It's all good for now. Ill find something local and enjoy it a bit.

Back